Body Molding

GN owner

I am posting this for a friend. Does anyone have a picture of what the spacing of the stock body molding that runs down the length of the car look like? He bought some replica body molding and looks like the molding stops about .5 inch before either side of the door edges. He thought that it should go almost to the edge of the door.

Thanks! :)

Kirbans sends one with their molding replacement kit. I've got a copy of it, but no way of converting it so that it can be sent electronically. I could get the dimensions/measurements to you but that's about all the help I can be.

Side Body Molding

That is what my friend bought and that's why he wanted to see what the stock side body molding looks like. Thanks for the reply. :smile:

Side body moldings

Alan,

The side molding that my friend bought stops about a .5 inch before the edge of the door. To him it seemed like a lot of gap and was wondering if the side body molding wasn't too short to begin with. Do you think you might be able to get a close up shot of your body molding one of these days? :)

Thank you for taking the time to help my friend out.

I went and measured

Gap from Front of door opening to Back of Fender piece: 3/4"
Gap from front of door opening to front of door piece 1.5"
The rear of the door piece is flush against the door edge guard
Gap from front of rear fender piece to rear door opening 1/2"

SO they're pretty big.

My moulding has been off for a repaint but I was the one who took it off and put it back on so I made sure it went back in the same place.

If I may ask for some more dimensions from those who have untouched original moldings...where on the body height wise do the moldings go? If you use the style line in the sheetmetal that runs the length of the car(top of fender, through door mirror, along qtr), how far down from that line to the top of the moldings?