Boost Leash & CO2 installation

horndog

I have a GN1 downpipe with their external wastegate and was looking for guidance on installing the boost leash with CO2. Not sure what I need to do for installation.

Do I need to drill and tap another hole in the wastegate or use the existing two ports?
I feel like an idiot with this.

Yes I drilled a extra port for the sensor like the instructions said . I am runing boost leash with CO2

You need 2 ports on top of gate... 1 for the solenoid's and the other for the sensor that came with

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You need 2 ports on top of gate... 1 for the solenoid's and the other for the sensor that came with

Where do you drill it? I was looking for more step by step than "yes you need to drill another hole"

My wastegate has the ports on the side, i can provide a pic shortly

Hope this helps

63d1358f5180d306684d73430d499ddb.jpg

Anywhere on the topside housing...I would confirm with the experts before drilling though

Here is how I have mine . Really not hard to do . Remove the top of the wastegate and drill and tap a 1/8 hole .
IMG_4034.JPG

Where do you drill it? I was looking for more step by step than "yes you need to drill another hole"
I'm sorry I didn't realize you needed a step by step to add another port. Remove the top of the gate and then get a R sized drill bit and drill the hole where u want it . Then get your 1/8" 27 npt tap and thread the hole you just made . Here is a tap chart to help

Attachments

• IMG_4036.JPG
    IMG_4036.JPG
    780.1 KB · Views: 144
If you are uncomfortable drilling and tapping, just put a brass t in your 1 hole. Put the quick connect in one hole and the sensor in the other. 1/8 pipe male to male - waste gate to t

If you are uncomfortable drilling and tapping, just put a brass t in your 1 hole. Put the quick connect in one hole and the sensor in the other. 1/8 pipe male to male - waste gate to t
Thanks. I don't have a problem tapping the wastegate, but just wanted to make sure it was in the right spot. So when you say "top" do you mean the current orientation or the one that is facing towards the front of the car?

As long as it's on the top side of the wastegate you are okay . Put it anywhere you want that makes it easiest for you to plum . I use all quick connect fittings to make life easier . I have my CO2 tank mounted in the trunk then a 1/4" tubing ran to the front . Agian the quick connect fittings make life a lot easier when pluming it .

Attachments

• IMG_3644.JPG
    IMG_3644.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 225
Chris aka Dank GN is a great source of information for this stuff, OP I would recommend following what he says.

Or you an always call/text Leash electronics. If you need the number I can send it to you in a PM.

Chris aka Dank GN is a great source of information for this stuff, OP I would recommend following what he says.

Or you an always call/text Leash electronics. If you need the number I can send it to you in a PM.
Thanks bud . Any time I had any questions I shot randy a text . Since he makes boost leash he would be the best to answer any questions you had . Thanks agian Tyler for the kind words

On my setup, I did not run two lines to the wastegate itself, instead I just used a quick connect "T" in the combined CO2 pressure line to the wastegate (after the solenoids). New instructions from Randy may say not to do this though, I have a slightly older setup on the car. I don't really see a strong reason to have the sensor right on the wastegate anyway, the pressures should be very near uniform everywhere in that circuit.

It would save some hassle of drilling the wastegate.

On my setup, I did not run two lines to the wastegate itself, instead I just used a quick connect "T" in the combined CO2 pressure line to the wastegate (after the solenoids). New instructions from Randy may say not to do this though, I have a slightly older setup on the car. I don't really see a strong reason to have the sensor right on the wastegate anyway, the pressures should be very near uniform everywhere in that circuit.

It would save some hassle of drilling the wastegate.
That's how I originally had my ams 500 V2 setup and it worked fine . I just went by what randy had in the new instructions . Also I'm curious why he wants the boost reading before the throttle body ? I'm thinking you would want it after to see what the motor is actully seeing . Does anyone know why he wants the reading pre throttle body?