Boost too high on Tial 38 wastage

stevek

I have a Tial 38 mm wastage and usually run around 33-34#, but now it seems to peg out my boost gage on my PL at 36.1. without changing anything What would cause this. I have a bleeder type controller attached to it.

Valve is probably hanging up in the gate. I would pull it off and pull it apart

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

IMG_1503.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG
It all looks fine to me nothing loose or broken

If i put it in a vise and with a socket on valve side should i be able to push valve in when tightening it up or no, it seems pretty tight

IMG_1507.JPG
I took it apart and cleaned it up valve moves free up and down smooth, I will put back together and see what happens once i figure out my other problem with FP not raising up with boost level
IMG_1505.JPG

Resolve your fuel problem and you boost will probably come back down. Fuel is too lean which will raise the boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is you wastegate located ? Is it in a good spot where it is allowing exsaust to actully get to it ? I’ve seen numous ppl that had the same issue and there gate was plumed in the worst spot to allow the exsaust to even have the chance to bypass the turbine . In general the stock location isn’t the best place to have a waste gate becuse the exsaust has to almost do a 90* turn to reach the wastegate flap/valve . I am runing a external gate that I went into my turbine housing and ported the wastegate hole so it matched the wastegate . This is how far it was off and how much material I had to remove to have it line up and match my down pipe
0CC70FF5-FA81-48E2-82BB-2F9BA5733908.jpeg
3D32A3FA-703C-4579-BFA3-DC9760843F2E.jpeg
18DA6626-88FB-408A-93E9-CBBCB7EB241D.jpeg

IMG_1516.JPG
It"s located on the old ATR downpipes where the flanges were located never changed location, Still have original ATR waste gate I nay go back to it, never had a problem. My fuel problem is figured out not and i think the valve was just stuck in sleeve in Tail waste gate. How did you hook up you oil drain tube ?, it looks easier to hookup than old way