Brake pedal modification PM to VAC

Tori

I couldn't find the info i wanted on modifying the stock PM brake pedal, so i documented mine a bit more than what i'd found here to share with those that do this in the future.

Here is a shot showing where to locate the new pin. Drill the hole 28mm below the center of the existing pin. This isn't rocket science, so being a hair off isn't going to effect things. (this is just the pilot hole. Drill out to 7/16"
photo 1(1).JPG

I used a grade 8, 7/16 'bolt that was about 4" long. This gave me the smooth shoulder that i needed for the rod end out the back of the booster. Cut it off the same length as the existing pin, weld bolt in place, and drill a hole for the new hitch pin/cotter pin, and put a washer at base of the new pin to mimic what the original pin has. ** also as a tip for reinstall, put the bolt at top of pedal back in from the opposite direction than it came out. Make things way easier and no cables or wiring will have to be moved. Putting the nut on the end of the bolt is tricky, but i used the open end of my box end wrench to hold the nut, then taped it in place while i positioned it onto the bolt.

photo 2(1).JPG
photo 3.JPG

BTW, you don't have to cut the original pin off. Your saving your PM system, so you might as well preserve the pedal too.
;)