brakes no worky

3.8vsix

The previous owner of this car had put a vacuum conversion on it. The car will not slide. Even on wet pavement. The pedal goes to the floor. I have replaced two master cylinders one new and the other was a rebuilt, new proproptioning valve, new shoes, and have bleed the brakes over and over and over.Maybe the booster? It will hold vacuum overnite. What is the deal?

If the booster holds vacuum, it's not the problem. Do you know if the brake pedal was changed? If not, the pedal will be low. Check for leaky wheel cylinders, too.

The previous owner did not have the pedal changed, but he modified it, by putting a bolt in a couple of inches below where the power master stud is and welded it in, then sliped the vacuum booster rod over the bolt. I went to the junk yard and got a brake pedal from a N/A G body. I went and put that pedal on but it did not change a thing. ( But my back:eek: ). I took it to a brake guy around here and he said that was probably as good as they will ever be.:( Do you guys think they are normal?

Originally posted by 3.8vsix
I took it to a brake guy around here and he said that was probably as good as they will ever be.:( Do you guys think they are normal?

If you don't have good brakes, and you have a brake guy who says that's as good as they can be, I'd see a new brake guy. Only TRs did not have vacuum brakes. There is no reason for you not to have good brakes. See someone else.