Brakes out, What are my choices?

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
My brakes went out on my 41K TB. Replacement parts for Powermaster brakes are pretty much history. I hate to replace the brakes with another system, but what are my choices if I have to do just that? Vacuboost system, hydraboost system, what's my best choice? It looks like the motor is gone on mine, & new motors are virtually impossible to find.

Have you tried reaching out to Richard Clarks Garage if you wanted to maintain your power master system? I want to switch over to a hydro boost system and tried to reach out to Tallon Hydraulics but I think that they have been bought out by another company. I like the system that Kirban sells , not a fan of the master cylinder tho.

I have heard that Richard Clark rebuilds/restores them, but I have never heard of hom selling them. I will contact them. Many thanks for the info.

I'm the black sheep here, I like the powermaster, got 31 years-174k out of it with 3 accumulator balls. It started blowing fuses over a couple of months. Change and would go a day, then 2 weeks, you get the idea.
Thought about vacuum and decided to stick with oem. Sent it out to Richard Clark the end of 11-18 and his guy Peter actually did the work. Motor was burned out so he put new windings in it, did all the tests and since the accumulator was starting to get weak replaced that too. Could of done an exchange but mine looked almost like new and wanted that one back.
Richard always called back, even at 10pm to let me know what was up and Pete sent pictures of the motor, etc to show what was wrong. Sent me a copy of the return shipping information so I could track since it needed a signature. And he likes to talk almost as much as me and he's a fun guy to speak with. I can see someday he'll be riding on dashboards all over the country after he gets sainthood!
Oh yeah, the brakes work awesome.

Many thanks for that info. I just talked to him & will probably be sending my unit back there.

Earl Brown sells a very nice “kit” if you want to go vacuum, Kirbans has a vacuum kit and Hydroboost system, or you can gather the parts at a parts store and convert to vacuum, it will set you back around $300 for a vacuum and around $800 for a hydro boost kit.