You can type here any text you want

Brand New in the Box Moldex 3.60 odd-fire crank??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
I came across one of these late yesterday at a shop, and have the possibility of purchasing it from him. I'll probably not use it for myself... But what is it worth???

K.

49-blues said:
Its only worth what you can get for it, how much are you looking for?

It's not mine...yet. At this point I'm trying to figure how much $$$ is too much $$$ to offer the guy. If/when I buy it, it will most likely be for sale here to someone that can use it.

K.

Can you put an odd fire crank or cam in an even fire block? Or vice-versa. The block is the same design, right?

Odd fire cranks are pretty limited in application. I don't know of any turbo guys running one although I believe Ron Fruchey's SSDX car was an odd fire at one point. Ron Tarabori runs one in his dirt track car and I know of a couple of hybrids running odd fire motors. With that said I'd tell you be lucky to get more than $600 for it.

Neal

NCTURBOS said:
I came across one of these late yesterday at a shop, and have the possibility of purchasing it from him. I'll probably not use it for myself... But what is it worth???

K.

I was thinking about a good even fire crank in an old, strong odd fire block. The other way around.

Sorry, a little off topic.

The older blocks aren't any stronger than the "109" block. If anything it's the opposite. The Oddfire crank is stronger than the even fire one. So if you wanted to put together the stronger components it would be a late block with an odd fire crank.

Neal

turbo2nr said:
I was thinking about a good even fire crank in an old, strong odd fire block. The other way around.

Sorry, a little off topic.

crank

Hi, What happened with this crank?? Im intrested!! Thanks Mike:cool:

Hi, What happened with this crank?? Im intrested!! Thanks Mike:cool:

I'm not sure if it is still there or not. The guy wanted alot of money for it at the time, so I left it alone. I'll find out.

K.

Back