You can type here any text you want

Broke a big block camaro.....

• Thread starter Thread starter GNJeremy
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
G

GNJeremy

Figuratively, not literally. It was a nice 69 with a 396/350hp with some bolt ons. edlebrock performer intake, Z/0 I think it said on it, and a hot cam and headers and who knows what else. Carb and heads but I don't know what.

I was running 17 psi, and M/T slicks. (wheels are being painted and these are the only tires I have for the car right now:eek:) I had pure 116 in the tank.

We lined up, and I let his passenger count down. I launched at about 4 psi. He jumped out a fender (he's got a 4spd), but I immediatley pulled him by 4-5 car lengths before I hit 75, and just kept on going. I had him by 8-9 when I let off at about 110.
I have caspers ultrachip, and this was on setting 5, 22* timing, 17lbs of boost.

We lined up again and I put it on setting 7, 26* timing.
This time I built more boost, about 7lbs. We launched and my slicks were protesting, and I left some nice marks on the road. Had him by a good 20 car lengths when I let off at 120.

I'm having some tuning issues right now, or I would have had the boost up around 22-23 psi, but I'm getting some knock on my higher settings, and I have some bad boost flutter around 90-100 mph (I have a thread going in the tech section, Help! http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55341)

My mods are
TA49 adj. wastegate
V4
fuel pump/hotwired
AFPR
shift kit
new valve springs
9" K&N filter
bunch of little mods

Got it all on tape, too :D

I drive on ET Streets. Legally they are a grey zone methinks. But as I had to get the stock rims drilled for the valve stem on the tubes they are all I can run until I decide on wheels. Nothing like the feeling of driving on ice every time I do a lane change. :eek:

Nice Kill

Post that video!

17 Psi with 116 in the tank? You should be able to run the casper chip @ 30* of timing (don't know what setting #) with that gas with no problems.

What was the FP set at? If you weren't in the mid to upper 30 range (line off), my guess is that you're still too rich, specially when only running 17psi with 116 octane.
:confused:

Hey my combo is similar to yours and i have two fuel systems , meaning 116 in effect when i switch it on . Ive run 25lbs with no knock on a 20 deg. RA chip . Try it youll like it . The last trck outing i trie a 26deg RA chip and the car liked the 20 chip better , it was hot out though . :p

did u talk to him after? wonder how he felt by gettin beat by a 6 .. lol

Back