bruces new shift kit

can the wide red band for 2nd gear be purchased from PTS also,anyone know.I am about to take my trans out and rebuild again.any help will be appreciated thanks

I have more than anyone in the country. How many you want???? LOL let us know Bruce

Just wanted to say AGAIN how happy I am with Bruces parts in my trans.. It shifts sooo nice now.. When I talked to him on the phone he *could* have done what some other unscrupulas(sp) tranny guys do and tell me that I need it rebuilt.. but no.. He told me what parts I needed and a a $100 later(in parts) my trans was 'rebuilt' :)
btw- the guy who installed these parts for me was not 100% sure how to install the high pressure regulator syatem and he gave Bruce a call and he dropped what he was doing and explained to him on the phone what to do... Now thats service..
In fact, my mechanic is building a wild twin turbo race car and is gonna use the Chevron fluid in the powerglide thats going into it on my recommendation (via Bruce)

Bruce,

I'm getting ready to order one of the valve body kits and the pressure regulator system. Are the instructions for this kit posted anywhere on the net? I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I order the kit as far as difficulty of installation. Thanks.

Geez... wish I would have noticed this thread before I came up Thursday (the new cooler in the Chevelle works awesome, thanks Bruce!). Guess I'll have to make another trip up to talk to you about the shift kit!

Any drawbacks to installing this kit in a 2004R without internal mods? As far as I know it's a 100% stock 3000 mile tranny on the inside, but it has an unknown shift kit installed in it (ATR installed it back in 1991). I have no idea what brand the kit is. It barks the tires pretty good on the 1-2 shift under boost though, is well mannered, and I don't notice any problems. Think I should leave it alone or put one of the PTS kits in?

A little more info on the Chevron fluid would be very much appreciated... I'm intrigued.

Fluid?

A little more info on the Chevron fluid would be very much appreciated... I'm intrigued.

What are the diffrences between ATF and Chevron fluid ?
:confused:

"Bruce,

I'm getting ready to order one of the valve body kits and the pressure regulator system. Are the instructions for this kit posted anywhere on the net? I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I order the kit as far as difficulty of installation. Thanks."

No they are not on the net and never will be. ( If I ever see them on here there will be hell to pay too) With all I have had "taken" from me , that will never happen. I do suggest however, if there is ANY doubt whatsoever, do not purchase.
If you do not feel comfortable, in any way, by all means, pass.......

As far as installation, I would suggest professional only because most people do not or cannot afford any down time. I kinda have feelings here that upset people so I will try to be polite. If you do not feel comfortable or have never done anything like this do not attempt, please. I have a 24-7 tech line to support our products and you guys know this.
SEVERAL guys on here have done it and understand it and can assist anybody in doing this. There is PLENTY of tech support here. Just know when to say when so to speak and if you are just trying to save a buck, be careful as this can turn into a real ugly, ugly mess, and I will not be responsible. :)

WE4

No they are not on the net and never will be. ( If I ever see them on here there will be hell to pay too) With all I have had "taken" from me , that will never happen. I do suggest however, if there is ANY doubt whatsoever, do not purchase.

Just sent in my order. Guess I'm either brave, stupid, or both. Look at it this way if I FUBAR my trans, you'll get to sell me a new one. :) Either way you win.

Eash install? You bet!!

It is very easy to install. I've done every brand on the market--BIFB (Before I Found Bruce)--and this is the easiest to install and the most effective.

i have a question about the shift kit and regulator...

my trans is at 85k original miles and has had a tranny cooler on it all it's life...shifts perfect and i have never had a problem with the trans ever...

my combo is in my sig but the trans is bone stock...do i really NEED the regulator pump or will the shift kit itself do me fine since i want to run mid 11's...i will buy the regulator pump if you can convince me the reason for it...is this pump easy to replace and install? i have never done tranny work before except change the TCC solenoid and dropped the pan a couple times to change fluid and filter...

If by "regulator pump" you mean pressure regulator (PR) system then I would say you should have it. Need?! well that's up to you, but it is not just for performance it is mostly for longevity (life) of the trans, pressure is it's lifes blood and you want more than stock to make it live. The pr system is literaily a snap to install, just one snap ring holds it in and if you can change the tcc you can change the pr system. If you have never done a shift kit I would also recommend getting an ATSG manual to help you with the install of it. :D

OK....

The PR System raises mainline pressure and assures a fast TV rise. Other than that, I am not a salesman or a pitch man. You Know how critical pressures are in this trans, read on and educate yourself. You can always call Mark, myself, or any of the other vendors on here.
So in essence, do you NEED it? .. NO
Is it a good idea? yes.
What I would do is run a pressure ck and if you are unhappy with the results then look into kit, but see what you have to start with. The VB kit is a great idea. :D

Bruce
WE4

that's ok...i will get both and be done with it...i want my trans to live LONG since it is mostly a street car

you'll be seeing my order in a week or so ;)

way top go Bruce.... Another quality product..:) How are you feeling buddy????

Ready for the holidays??

Frank

Leave it up to FlyinGN to bring a thread from 5 years ago back alive....DOH! :tongue: :D

It happens to the best of us.

Adam:cool:

holy crap. I did not notice that. I got an email to a linkback for that thread and I responded.. never looking at the date lol dohhh

I have a PTS shift kit, I assume so cause it's a PTS tranny, and the damn thing won't stop barking the tires. It shifts firm but not windshield breaking harsh. I went out and bought bigger stickier tires to get the damn car to shut the hell up. ;)