bucking trend, looking for stock Hot Air turbocharger

jiho2

Sporadic Poster
Anything BUT a properly rebuilt unit. :D

Used, either working or needing rebuilt. Even just the housings in sound condition would be fine. Something to use as a core would be fine. A running pull would be fine.

I don't want to spend a lot on it, though.

jiho2

Sporadic Poster
Someone in the hot air group shared a post of 2 hot air stock turbos for sale. Never used.
I believe that would be Anthony P. Interesting deal, but not really what I was looking to get into. And after more than a decade, I guess no one else was either. Sad.

Last edited:

Anthony P

I believe that would be Anthony P. Interesting deal, but not really what I was looking to get into. And after more than a decade, I guess no one else was either. Sad.
There is a lot more to the past 2 weeks-plus of 34 messages between jiho2 and me. I thought I was helping out a fellow TB enthusiast, but was just being played for a fool.

jiho2 agreed to buy a turbo from me but asked for more time, another month, to pay citing he is retired and on a fixed income. I said I can work with him and continued to provide insight to his situation of having a new imported CHRA but no housings, dealing with CA visual and smog inspection, using the 86-87 wastegate actuator on a hot air, etc. He shared how BRAD_PADGETT and O SO LO adapted the 86-87 actuator for hot air use but had questions about doing the same. I offered to pick up a stock actuator from Kirban (and a couple of turbo inlet and oil drain gaskets) from the open house next month and include them in the box with the turbo - save separate shipping costs, plus Kirban's usual 5% discount at the open house and gaskets from Pete Hoffman are a good deal, especially in person.

Then I read and learned that jiho2 was persuing a turbo from James Valez at the same time, from James' thread in the parts for sale section. When I called out jiho2 on this, he again confirmed his commitment to buy a turbo from me all the while continuing to hustle James Valez.

If this forum wants to read the dialog for themselves, tell me how to make the conversation public. I only see that I can invite 4 other members to view the conversation.

I am not actively selling parts. If I happen to see a post where someone is looking for a restoration-like quality part, I will try to help or at least share knowledge who might have parts for a daily driver, etc. I was not expecting someone to play the hustle that jiho2 did to both me and James Velez.

jiho2

Sporadic Poster
There's no such thing as an "agreement" here. I told you up front I wasn't interested. We got into long exchanges on that and a lot of other topics. Then I thought maybe I should buy it, and we had some exchanges on wastegate actuators. In the end I bailed IN MY OWN INTERESTS.

I thought we were still on reasonable and friendly terms. Excuse me and GET OUT OF HERE!

jiho2

Sporadic Poster
Maybe our conversation should be made public. I actually saved the whole thing in an html file. There's a lot of interesting reading in there.

jiho2

Sporadic Poster
Not impressed with site management here.

In future, I guess I'll need a "no PMs" policy, unless I already know people and trust them to be decent and behave reasonably. But even then they can surprise you.