BUICK NIGHT - SAT. APRIL 8th (5-9PM) @ OTTO'S BBQ Updated with Pics!

JAMCAR223

Thanks David ( fast86gn ), for making the original thread a "sticky". I figured I would make a new thread with the date in the title, in hopes of getting a little more exposure. We have several forum members committed, and I will be PM'ing the rest of the Houston area members, in hopes of obtaining more commitments. You have plenty of notice - get your cars ready. PUT THIS DATE ON YOUR CALENDAR!! Any questions?? Post them here, or PM me directly. Thanks for your support! James-

http://ottoscatering.com/

OK guys, In order to be 100% transparent, I need to throw this out there. I received an email yesterday from Kerry @ Showplace Classics. He now says ( a month after confirming the date ) that he will be out of town on April 8th. Of course I was upset, but I really just want to move forward, and let it go.

Here is what we would be giving up -
(1) - Audio equipment. He plays classic rock on a PA system.
(2) - The other cars that would normally show up for the cruise night.

With that being said, here's my take on things -
(1) - Do we really need music to be able to enjoy the camaraderie, and our cars? If so, maybe someone has this type of equipment. Or, bring a boombox and turn on the radio. We have a classic rock station here in Houston.
(2) - This was always about OUR cars, anyway. We all know we can see a 55 Chevy, 69 Camaro, and a heard of Mustangs and Challengers, etc. at any car show / meet. If you local guys have friends with cool cars, invite them, to make this event a little more interesting.
(3) - Otto's BBQ is a good place to eat dinner, if you like, but there is also a Brewingz ( beer & wings ), Quizno's ( subs ), Marble Slab ( ice cream ) in the same strip center. For you guys looking for extracurricular activities, there is The Pub @ The Fountains just a few hundred yards away, and a Hooters just across the highway. I would be more than happy to share a cold one with any / all of you. For the out-of-towners ( DFW, Austin, Beaumont ) there is a Days Inn, Courtyard Suites, Residence Inn, Hampton Inn, and La Quinta just across the highway.

I'm open for any input / advice from you guys. Post it up here, or PM me directly. Let's make this a success. Spread the word. I have (2) car shows coming up in the next couple of weeks, and I will see several more TR owners. If anyone wants to copy and paste this info to Facebook, please do so. James-

That's sucks , always something. I'm sure you could get passed the music thing. But always cool to have that. Same way at nifty fifty's. always better with music

Our 1st Annual TR Meet & Greet is exactly (1) month away. (4) weeks from today! With Daylight Saving Time in effect, we will have more daylight on April 8th. Get your cars ready!! Looking forward to seeing my fellow Turbo Brothers!!

2 weeks and counting......Here's a quickie flyer I made. Looking forward to my Turbo Brothers!

Attachments

• Otto's Flyer.pdf
    590.2 KB · Views: 103
UPDATE - The DJ / Promoter is back on board, so there will be music, and other cars at this event. So we will get to see those Camaros, Mustangs, and Challengers after all...LoL! We are also combining the GBodys of Houston monthly meet here also. So there should be a variety of cool cars to enjoy. I have a few door prizes to give away... stickers, key chains, T shirt, Turbo 6 hat, an " attendance plaque ", etc. I have a sign-in sheet for the Turbo Brothers when you check in. I will ask for your name and email address ( this will help me contact you directly for next years event, instead of relying on the chance you might check the forum ). When you pull into parking lot, you will need to sign in ( I will have a table set up ), you will get a raffle ticket, I will ask you to sign the plaque, and then direct you on where to park. I will draw for the door prizes each hour ( 5:30, 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 ). I will be taking plenty of pictures, and will be posting them on this forum, and GBodyForum.com I will be doing a write-up on GBodyNation.com For anyone that does not know me - my name is James. My phone # 832-518-7324.

That is a good question? I'm leaving Dallas at 10am and plan on getting there around 3pm. I thought about trying to hit Mecum as well at the NRG arena but I don't if time will permit?

If you're going to get us to sign in at the entrance, there might a big back log of cars waiting to get in. Might be better to assign a parking spot then sign in.

If you're going to get us to sign in at the entrance, there might a big back log of cars waiting to get in. Might be better to assign a parking spot then sign in.
Point taken. If I can catch you on the way in...cool. If not, no worries, park and then sign in. I just want to be sure I can get contact info ( name & email address ) from each of you, in order to plan next years event. That way I can contact you guys directly, and not have to worry that you might have checked the board for the info. Next years event will be different, and not be held at Otto's, but we got to start somewhere.... Thanks for the input! James-

That is a good question? I'm leaving Dallas at 10am and plan on getting there around 3pm. I thought about trying to hit Mecum as well at the NRG arena but I don't if time will permit?
I'll be there at 4pm to get set up. This lot will fill up quickly with the with other cars attending the regular cruise night. We may have to spill over into the strip center's parking lot, LOL. I want you right in the middle of the action, since you are willing to make the trip!

If we have some parts laying around that people may be interested in him, can we bring them? I have a stock intercooler, champion "BUICK" valve covers, 36lb injectors and chip, just small stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

QUOTE="pmesfun, post: 3743456, member: 32211"]If we have some parts laying around that people may be interested in him, can we bring them? I have a stock intercooler, champion "BUICK" valve covers, 36lb injectors and chip, just small stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Yes you can

If anyones interested, I have a copper "4 core" drop in radiator in very very good condition. $100.00. I'll only bring it if someone is in need of one and would like to have a look.

I'll be bringing my long time friend and previous owner of my car along for the meet. He's really stoked to see some TR's and meet some TR owners.