Buying a GN in US

87GNLVR

Have any of you purchased a GN in the States?....I'm asking to see what the procedure is and what duties would I be paying...say on a $17000 GN.I've been told to hire a broker to eliminate any issues or headaches with Cuctoms.Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

No Problem

I have lost count of the cars I have brought across the border. 72 hours before you cross you need to fax a copy of the signed off title and a bill of sale to the US Customs. Ask their export office for the form. They make sure the car isn’t stolen or money is owed on it. They stamp the title approved for export, take that and the car to the Canadian side. They charge you GST and PST if you have that in your province. In Alberta it’s just the GST and about a 100.00 processing fee plus another 100.00 if it has a/c.
This is if the car is over 15 years old. If not the feds get involved and you need a recall letter. Check out Registrar of Imported Vehicles for all the info.
A side note. I bought a Syclone and couldn’t get it into Canada because GM could not give me a recall letter. They sold them as incomplete vehicles to PAS who are now out of business. I had to store the truck in the Montana until it was 15 years old.
There is no need for a broker.
Make sure the car does not have a rebuilt or salvage title some provinces will not allow you to register them.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Vehicle/Equipment Export Worksheet
Description of Vehicle or Equipment
VIN / Serial Number:
Year:
Make:
Model:
Title Information
Title Issuing State:
Transporting Information
Name:
(Person / Company / Individual transporting the vehicle)
Telephone:
Name of U.S. Border Crossing:
Estimated Date of Export:
(Can be NO MORE than 90 days from the filing of this worksheet)
U.S. Address of Seller / Owner
Name:
Address :
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Telephone:
Cellular:
Canadian Address of Purchaser / Owner / Ultimate Consignee
Name:
Address :
City:
Province:
Postal Code:
Telephone:
Cellular:
This document may contain sensitive information that is the property of the U.S. Government and/or NICB. Please deliver it
immediately to the intended recipient(s). CBP and NICB have not approved the document’s review, retransmission,
dissemination, or use by anyone other than the intended recipient(s). If you received this document, please notify the
sender immediately.

To:FXDXLR8
Thank you kindly for the info.Much appreciated.I'm in Quebec so not sure what I'd pay on taxes but I'm sure I'll pay something.