Calif. smog test alert !

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
It came to my attention that some cars are failing because smog techs are incorrectly typing in Regal instead of grand national in the machine. For some reason a Regal has to pass tighter standards than a GN. Be aware of this when taking your car in for it's inspection or if it has failed. I ran into this a few times & most recently today when a customer failed his test & came to me for help.

Don't get me started on San Diego smog inspectors, and how they ruined my Carfax forever!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I suppose someone will say it's partly my fault, but I really don't think so. Anyway, by the time I moved to southern CA my GN's both had just over 100,000 miles on the ticker. My main concern when going to the smog station was sitting around waiting on the car, and then looking at the paperwork for the word PASS on all the items. As long as it said PASS I went away happy, and hadn't even realized over the span of over 10 years what had happened to me.
The underpayed mexicans that were doing the tests wrote down what they saw on the odometer, without asking for clerification. Sometimes they put the leading 1 on the mileage, sometimes not.

So now my carfax's both say "likely odometer tampering". :mad:

Last time I looked was last year, and all there was were the words above with some more warning about possible odometer tampering. Because during my 12 years in CA, the smog checks apparently would reflect mileages over 100k and sometimes not.

I just got smogged, failed miserably. He did mention my vin brought up 3 vehicle types - Grand National, Regal and the third I think he said T Type(?). He also said a recent change has come about such that if shop A passes a vehicle and two years later shop B fails that same vehicle, somehow shop A is held accountable. I have no idea how that would work, but he said to expect a lot less flexibility. This just sounds all kinds of wrong, but he was pretty good to me, so I didn't argue the point.

FUCK YOU TURBODAVE KEEP THAT RACIST SHIT TO YOUR SELF AND 160K+ AYEAR ( YOU OLD BASTARD)

LOL
Which part are you taking such extreme umbrage at - the underpaid part or the Mexican part?
So referring to a Mexican as a Mexican is now considered a racial slur?
I bet there are some Mexicans who feel differently.
That would be like a German guy visitng my office, and then calling me an underpaid American.
And I'd say - "Yup, you got that right!" :D
LOL - what's the world coming to.
Oh I know - TurboDave should have said - "The Junior Level Workers of what appeared to be Hispanic decent"
Geesh...Shame on you TurboDave. you've infuriated long time member TTA89 with your political incorrectness. :D

Hey TTA89 - I'm not sure you realize this - but we G-bodiers come in all stripes and ethnicities.
And if you wanna see some urban language and slang, visit the other G-body sites that have predominantly members of the S. CA / LA scene as members.
Those boys bandy about words I wouldn't dare...but it's all part of the club talk.
Buck up and grow a set.

I suppose someone will say it's partly my fault, but I really don't think so. Anyway, by the time I moved to southern CA my GN's both had just over 100,000 miles on the ticker. My main concern when going to the smog station was sitting around waiting on the car, and then looking at the paperwork for the word PASS on all the items. As long as it said PASS I went away happy, and hadn't even realized over the span of over 10 years what had happened to me.
The underpayed mexicans that were doing the tests wrote down what they saw on the odometer, without asking for clerification. Sometimes they put the leading 1 on the mileage, sometimes not.

So now my carfax's both say "likely odometer tampering". :mad:

Every time I buy a TR - I assume "likely odometer tampering"! :D
Because they all say 45,000 original miles, while the floor pan is sitting on the ground. :)
Besides, CarFax and Autocheck are damned near useless for vintage collectibles.
A 3 year old KIA - ok fine.

FUCK YOU TURBODAVE KEEP THAT RACIST SHIT TO YOUR SELF AND 160K+ AYEAR ( YOU OLD BASTARD)

Yeah Dave - keep your 160K+ year to yourself...

No...errrr...I mean...don't keep it to yourself...send some to some of us 99%-ers if you don't mind please ? :D

YOU TURBODAVE KEEP THAT RACIST ST TO YOUR SELF AND 160K+ AYEAR ( YOU OLD BASTARD)

I'm not even sure how to address this guy. Obviously a new guy that doesn't have a clue what kind of board we have here. Let me inform you. This is a family oriented board that doesn't tollerate such foul mouthed tirades. If you want to make a statement, fine, but keep the foul language to yourself, or better yet, take it to another board that tollerates your type of immaturity, because your foul mouth is NOT welcome here.
Secondly, The long timers on this board know me well enough to know there's not a racist bone in my body, and nothing racist was meant my my comments. I was merely stating that facts as they occurred. The fact is that during my 12+ years in San Diego, every smog inspection I got with the exception of one was performed by local Mexican workers, and I'd be willing to bet that they were in fact underpayed, as most are. Since when is calling a Mexican a Mexican racist. I guess if I wasn't sure of their nationality I could have referred to them as Hispanic
I'm sorry I offended your tender sensabilities, but no racism was meant.
Hopefully the board owner will see the type language you're prone to and will give you the vacation you so well deserve.

Not even sure what that 160K+ ayear (sic) refers to???? I'm on a fixed S.S. income. Not exactly a flamboyant living style.

Really? Just go away and don't come back. If calling someone from Mexico a Mexican is racist to you are a freaking dumbass....

I'm not even sure how to address this guy. Obviously a new guy that doesn't have a clue what kind of board we have here. Let me inform you. This is a family oriented board that doesn't tollerate such foul mouthed tirades. If you want to make a statement, fine, but keep the foul language to yourself, or better yet, take it to another board that tollerates your type of immaturity, because your foul mouth is NOT welcome here.
Secondly, The long timers on this board know me well enough to know there's not a racist bone in my body, and nothing racist was meant my my comments. I was merely stating that facts as they occurred. The fact is that during my 12+ years in San Diego, every smog inspection I got with the exception of one was performed by local Mexican workers, and I'd be willing to bet that they were in fact underpayed, as most are. Since when is calling a Mexican a Mexican racist. I guess if I wasn't sure of their nationality I could have referred to them as Hispanic
Hopefully the board owner will see the type language you're prone to and will give you the vacation you so well deserve.

Not even sure what that 160K+ ayear (sic) refers to???? I'm on a fixed S.S. income. Not exactly a flamboyant living style.

Dave - I'm pretty sure he signed up under an alias simply to be able to write that.
What - get his 10 post minimum so he can post a comment.
He probably won't be back - at least under cover of that screen name. Unless Jay can find an IP address.

Hi Dave. It's me, Pat (your 'ol friend) from San Diego. I just happened to sign on and saw your name and TTA89 butting heads about what appears to be an unacceptable use of the word "Mexican" towards some smog technicians. Maybe I can shed some light here. It may well have set off TTA89 because he feels that if these tech guys are born here in the USA, then simply calling all brown people in the USA as "Mexican" - then that really Sucks, because not all brown people come from/born in Mexico. Gad, our country has people from Guatemala, Peru, Chilee, Brazil, and so on. So, having been in the teaching profession, I found (very quick) that referring to someone as coming from Guatemala, when in fact they were from Chile - sort of pissed them off. SGRIM put it in perspective-some one from Mexico is Mexican, someone born in Poland is Polish, some one born of Polish parents in the USA is American, we don't call that person Polish ... Semantics? However, cussing like a drunk sailor is a no, no. Moreover, I have known Dave for quite some time - a good guy, very helpful, intelligent and knowledgeable but can be quick on words (eh, Dave?). Dave and I both served in the Navy, he can't be a bad guy-a great family. I say, drop it at this point. Se la vie, or let it be.

Dave. I thought TTA89 was someone you knew just screwing around. Wow. Come on here just to say that!

Hi Dave. It's me, Pat (your 'ol friend) from San Diego. I just happened to sign on and saw your name and TTA89 butting heads about what appears to be an unacceptable use of the word "Mexican" towards some smog technicians. Maybe I can shed some light here. It may well have set off TTA89 because he feels that if these tech guys are born here in the USA, then simply calling all brown people in the USA as "Mexican" - then that really Sucks, because not all brown people come from/born in Mexico. Gad, our country has people from Guatemala, Peru, Chilee, Brazil, and so on. So, having been in the teaching profession, I found (very quick) that referring to someone as coming from Guatemala, when in fact they were from Chile - sort of pissed them off. SGRIM put it in perspective-some one from Mexico is Mexican, someone born in Poland is Polish, some one born of Polish parents in the USA is American, we don't call that person Polish ... Semantics? However, cussing like a drunk sailor is a no, no. Moreover, I have known Dave for quite some time - a good guy, very helpful, intelligent and knowledgeable but can be quick on words (eh, Dave?). Dave and I both served in the Navy, he can't be a bad guy-a great family. I say, drop it at this point. Se la vie, or let it be.

Hi Pat!! Great hearing from you!! I was wondering what some of the old SD crowd was up to. Neal is the only old friend that frequents the board, or so it seems.

But, I do understand what you're saying, and I think you know me well enough to know I wasn't speaking disspariging(sic) or being the least bit racist. The only reason I made reference to Mexicans is because I knew them to be just that. I only used a couple smog shops in the SD area and they had done me right for the most part (until "test only" came along). But anyway I knew them, not well, but still knew them. Several came over from TJ on what I think must have been work visa's or whatever they're called. They lived in TJ(or that area) and came to work in SD. I'm not sure who TTA89 even is or where he got off making the remarks he did, but oh well. I take comfort in knowing my friends know who I am and where I stand on the racism issue.
I guess by his way of thinking I better not be calling our friends from Canada, Canadians! That would really tick them off.
Pat, visit here more often! It's good hearing from old SD friends.

Ya know TurboDave I'm 70 years old and everyday I'm learning something, I called girls Hon or sweetheart, only been doing it for maybe 55 years, now I'm told thats a no-no!!!!!!!AHHH. So I learn every day that half of what I said for years is NOW disrespectful. No matter what it seems someone get's their nose outta jount and doesn't like it so I'm now told I must change! Really? But I'm a Viet Nam Vet so I'm almost used to being incorrect! The way I figure it I only have a few more years for people to not like what I say (as I'm not changing) so I'll tough it out! Hope you had a Nice Holiday

I get so tired of "name calling"
you got african americans
and hispanic americans
and asian americans
and what ever they choose to be called.

my take....... ( weather you want it or not)
if your in america, your american!
if you wanna be called something else, then feel free to run for the border.
and be called anything you want.
why did you come to america, if you want it to be "just like back home"?
or try to make it like it was back home? (maybe you should of stayed there?)