You can type here any text you want

cam question?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

278cikiller

Like to ask you stage 2 owners whats a good cam for these stage 2 motors were you dont have to grind the connecting rod off neer the cam thanks. I have 76 turbo and gn1 heads with a 3600 stall 9" art car and 1.65 roller rockers.

?

You rod length and crank stroke, plus how much you advance or retard the cam is going to dictate whether you need stroker rods or not, if I am understanding your ? right.

I know Carillos and Olivers are made to provide extra clearance for the cam. What the limit is for the lobe profile before you have to do any extra grinding with your stroke? Don't know.

I don't believe in compromising your cam for the sake of clearance. Pick the cam you're going to need to get the job done (hopefully to set a new land speed record or new low ET), then check your clearances. If you need to do any extra grinding, you just need to do it. Rebalance the rotating assembly if you do end up grinding the rods.

I found that the Comp extreme 242 solid lobes are already big enough that you have to grind billet Olivers for clearance with a 3.625 stroke, even though they claim to have "stroker" clearance. So beware and be sure to check.

TurboTR

Back