You can type here any text you want

cam thrust bearing and buttons

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

I'm looking for a source for the needle thrust bearing that the Weber style setup uses between the block and cam. I took one of these bearings to my local bearing shop and they couldn't ID the bearing. There are no markings on the bearing either.

I'm also looking for a source for the cam bolt with the thrust bumper built in the nose. An ideas on a source for them? Milodon?

bearing

Is this the same setup DLS uses? If so I can help with the bearing--out of a 350 trans. I would like to find a source for the bolt also. May have a guy who can make them but don't know about price. As it is right now they are pricy.

I need one of the bearings also. Does Weber sell the bearings seperate? Phil.

When we were using the Weber-type cam retention method, I recall the thrust bearing and the bolt were available from Comp Cams.

I have a bolt if you need one, not sure about the thrust bearing - may have a used one though.

If the bolt is the 1 with the adjust shims and a brg on it...
I saw 1 that had the brg lock up, bored a hole in the back of the timing cover... Guess what's on the other side!!!

I saw 1 that had the brg lock up, bored a hole in the back of the timing cover... Guess what's on the other side!!!

What do you think did the most damage in that particular engine? The water/antifreeze/oil milkshake or the aluminum shavings that circulated through before the hole went all the way through? I'm gonna install a micro forcefield generator on the nose of my camshaft.

That's because the assembler didn't set up the end play correctly and
locked up the bearing . I have sold and installed hundreds of those types
over the last 20 years and have had 0 failures with my components.

PMs sent

Now one of you thumb suckers come up with a bolt. We can take the bearing for the bolt off a roller button that is used to replace the stock button.

Now one of you thumb suckers come up with a bolt. We can take the bearing for the bolt off a roller button that is used to replace the stock button.

We already have a roller bearing bolt assembly on the shelf ,
why reinvent the wheel?

Back