You can type here any text you want

Can You Use Stage Heads On 109 Block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TinysTurboPerf

RUTHLESS
I'm Curious If You Can Use Stage Heads On A 109 Block If You Use A Stage Intake ?

What Is The Difference Between Off Center And On Center ?

Because the headers are completely different for the stage heads, people have done stage heads on a stock 109, the problem is the amount of power, you might as well go with the better block and 14 bolt clamp force.

If you try and turn the wick up with the 109 with the stage heads, you might do damage to everything in the long run, might as well run the stage block and hope to keep it together longer.
Bare stage heads are fairly cheap if you have alot of time on your hands
BW

So OFF CENTER Stage Heads would work?

Why not use them?

Heads are heads. The block is on- or off-center.

The drawback to using them is the expense of S2-specific cam, intake and headers, plus the fact that they can make much more power than a 109 block can normally handle without further expensive modifications.

The heads don't know if the block is on or off center.

The cylinder bore in a 109 is block is small and will shroud the valves in the Stage head. You might be able to unshroud the valves by doing a heavy eyebrowing of the block.

A good example of this shrouding is bolting on the heads and look from underneith and you will see what I'm talking about.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Here is one with Stage II heads!

Attachments

• stk109.JPG
    stk109.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 494
The heads don't know if the block is on or off center.

The cylinder bore in a 109 is block is small and will shroud the valves in the Stage head. You might be able to unshroud the valves by doing a heavy eyebrowing of the block.

A good example of this shrouding is bolting on the heads and look from underneith and you will see what I'm talking about.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

EXACLLY!! There is actually different stage 2 heads. The indy car heads were used on say 3.900 bore motors , they have the valves moved a little closer together (I have a couple sets of these for anyone whos thinking of doing this)and are better suited to smaller bores. Most of the heads we see and use were from NASCAR Busch cars which were based on a 4.00 bore ,so they spread the valves apart and used slightly larger valves.
Thats my story and Im stickin to it!! Mike:cool:

how about some busch stage2 heads on a 4.1 #4291 production block? and a stroker kit? 274" mucho power!

Remember guys, you'll still have the added expense of having to run SII specific cam, headers and intake(and all associated intake hardware)!

There's plenty of other options!

The part I don't understand is why so many folks run non SII heads on a SII block! If I had the bucks to build one of my ALUMINUM (which I've sold) SII motors, it would certainly be ALL SII!!

As for the indy heads, they require even more speciallized equipment.

Remember guys, you'll still have the added expense of having to run SII specific cam, headers and intake(and all associated intake hardware)!

The part I don't understand is why so many folks run non SII heads on a SII block! If I had the bucks to build one of my ALUMINUM (which I've sold) SII motors, it would certainly be ALL SII!!

What is wrong with TA heads on a S2 block?

I'm running production style heads on my Stage 2 because.....well you said it pretty good yourself.

If I were starting with a blank sheet of paper then I'd go with a stage2 top end as well, but stage2s have reached my goals with production type heads time and time again. I cannot justify using the S2 heads in my case. As it sits I am a cam/lifters kit & oil pump away from having my stage2 engine done. If I wanted to go to stage2 heads.....well you know how much stuff I'd have to change/buy/sell.

Nasty Wendy, that's pretty much the same story most guys share. They step up and use parts from previous builds to keep the cost within the budget. I'd say so far a 8.42 at 3400# and 30 psi of boost, the stock type heads will meet and exceed the goals of many. The combo is most crucial if you are going to get every last bit out of a set of heads....

Nasty Wendy, that's pretty much the same story most guys share. They step up and use parts from previous builds to keep the cost within the budget. I'd say so far a 8.42 at 3400# and 30 psi of boost, the stock type heads will meet and exceed the goals of many. The combo is most crucial if you are going to get every last bit out of a set of heads....

I'm just trying to run some low 11s.:D

Back