cant get boost down

elcuco

new 6266, hd wastegate (adjustable) plus manual bleeder valve in car. bleeder turned all the way down, waste gate rod turned all the way down till it just barely slides on puck arm, still at 27 #s what the hell am I doing wrong. vac lines hook up correctly.

Try a standard pressure gate. We have a car here even with a standard gate and the wastage hole ported 1.100 we still center boost lower than 24. Now we have to go external

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

What kind of manual boost controller do you have ? You might be turning the wrong way with the MBC . Are you tightening it down or loosening it ? If you tighten it down ( clockwise ) you will raise the boost , loosen it to lower boost .

new 6266, hd wastegate (adjustable) plus manual bleeder valve in car. bleeder turned all the way down, waste gate rod turned all the way down till it just barely slides on puck arm, still at 27 #s what the hell am I doing wrong. vac lines hook up correctly.
Do a search on here, but you may need to port the wastegate hole on the turbo in order to control the boost. Not sure about the internal wastegate though.

What kind of manual boost controller do you have ? You might be turning the wrong way with the MBC . Are you tightening it down or loosening it ? If you tighten it down ( clockwise ) you will raise the boost , loosen it to lower boost .
its a turbosmart I'm turning the right way going to order external and dp sucks cause I have a brand new 3 inch dp and waste gate

its a turbosmart I'm turning the right way going to order external and dp sucks cause I have a brand new 3 inch dp and waste gate
I ended up doing same thing, just take care when taking your dp off and sell it to someone who needs it on here. I have external, but still had to port wastegate hole, because my boost would shoot up to 25 and more if i didnt let off.

solid 30.6 # on last run up road (power logge) . its like the actuator aint working at all makes no sence its not boost spike it will stay 28 to 30# till I let off

lol I just don't understand how some people make a internal work, I have nothing crazy at all just cant see how the external is going to be that much different

Disconnect the wastegate rod. Take it out for a spin and see where the boost goes. This is the lowest it will go till you port the wastegate hole. It will probably spool slow as hell but try that and report back

solid 30.6 # on last run up road (power logge) . its like the actuator aint working at all makes no sence its not boost spike it will stay 28 to 30# till I let off

Try running the actuator “tuner style” with straight vacuum line. I run my 61 that way with a inline RJC boost control valve.

Disconnect the rod. Make sure the gate arm moves smooth.

Then run the boost line direct to the actuator like suggested above and see where its at. Should be close to 18psi.

If the boost goes past 20, lift off the throttle and pull it back in the garage.

There is a good chance you may need to enlarge and contour "port" the wg hole

The best way to verify wastegate works is with compressed air and a mini air regulator and gauge. Basically simulate boost.

Use the same method to test boost controller.

that how I am set up vac line off turbo to turbo smart bleeder valve from valve to adjustable waste gate actuator is adjusted with zero tension and bleeder set all the was to neg so when rain stop will see where we are on the no actuator hooked up tomorrow if I'm doing something wrong let me know

Disconnect the rod. Make sure the gate arm moves smooth.

Then run the boost line direct to the actuator like suggested above and see where its at. Should be close to 18psi.

If the boost goes past 20, lift off the throttle and pull it back in the garage.

There is a good chance you may need to enlarge and contour "port" the wg hole

The best way to verify wastegate works is with compressed air and a mini air regulator and gauge. Basically simulate boost.

Use the same method to test boost controller.
Exactly

Disconnect the wastegate rod. Take it out for a spin and see where the boost goes. This is the lowest it will go till you port the wastegate hole. It will probably spool slow as hell but try that and report back

Yes do this. Allow the puck to just swing in the wind. If your boost still goes to high, then grind that hole out.

without wastegate hooked up all I could get was 13# seems like something is wrong with actuator. I really don't think its boost creep but could be wrong