Chris Lyons, 8.74 @ 157

S2V6RACER

Banned
Congrats to Chris for his big pass tonight. After a lot of hard work looks like you will have to call up Cal and get those nice polished 8 second valve covers!!!

I'm sure Chris will come in and post the details!!! :eek: :D

Does Cal also give out 8 second club valve covers just like Champion does??
Thanks, Kip

I believe they come straight from champion.
Congrats Chris, Thats awesome. What turbo and intercooler
are you running?

I know Champion offers that deal but when Ted mentioned getting ahold of Cal I thought maybe he had a similar deal or something.
Chris's combo is a V1 and 88 turbo.
Take care, Kip

Thanks for the info Kip, Wonder if we can get Chris to post some Air temp data from the run.

Kip said:
I know Champion offers that deal but when Ted mentioned getting ahold of Cal I thought maybe he had a similar deal or something.
Chris's combo is a V1 and 88 turbo.
Take care, Kip

I didn't ask him any details, just passed on the word, I assume you mean he has his own 8 second valve covers, if that is true, I am unaware of it, but sounds like a good idea.

Good Job Chris.Hard work pays off.

BTW... Champion presented Cal with his 8sec valve covers when he went 8s

Thanks Guys

As some of you know, I've been struggling with the car for the last two weeks. I find it is amazing what a simple front shock adjustment will do with your 60'. I forgot I tightened the front shocks after BG, one click, and it ends up that was what was killing my 60'. Thanks for the advice on that Jack. Maybe one of these days I'll learn not to make more than one change at a time :rolleyes:

I had some tire issue that was making the car pull right. After I sorted that out I made a pass on which I experienced tire shake for the first time. I left with 15 psi, I'm still looking for some fillings :eek: I decided to make one last pass so I loosened the front shocks one click and figured I would leave easy with 9 psi and hope for the best. I put 1 psi of boost in, and the tune was one I had went 9.0@155 several times with. I was hoping for an 8.99, boy was I suprised. I carried the wheels out for at least 70-80 feet and it was the first pass I can say I was glad I had a chute.

It feels good to finally achieve my goal and I had a lot of help along the way. I have to thank Lonnie for his help with the Gen 7 and listening to me bitch when I was ready to drive the car over a cliff on fire to see if It would fall straight :D Jack, DLS, Kip, and the list goes on for all the help and advice in getting this done.

I have alot left to do and plan to go through everything this week and possibly make Cecil this weekend.

turbobuick said:
As some of you know, I've been struggling with the car for the last two weeks. I find it is amazing what a simple front shock adjustment will do with your 60'. I forgot I tightened the front shocks after BG, one click, and it ends up that was what was killing my 60'. Thanks for the advice on that Jack. Maybe one of these days I'll learn not to make more than one change at a time :rolleyes:

I had some tire issue that was making the car pull right. After I sorted that out I made a pass on which I experienced tire shake for the first time. I left with 15 psi, I'm still looking for some fillings :eek: I decided to make one last pass so I loosened the front shocks one click and figured I would leave easy with 9 psi and hope for the best. I put 1 psi of boost in, and the tune was one I had went 9.0@155 several times with. I was hoping for an 8.99, boy was I suprised. I carried the wheels out for at least 70-80 feet and it was the first pass I can say I was glad I had a chute.

It feels good to finally achieve my goal and I had a lot of help along the way. I have to thank Lonnie for his help with the Gen 7 and listening to me bitch when I was ready to drive the car over a cliff on fire to see if It would fall straight :D Jack, DLS, Kip, and the list goes on for all the help and advice in getting this done.

I have alot left to do and plan to go through everything this week and possibly make Cecil this weekend.

May we have some video please???

Awsome Chris!!!!! Nobody deserves your success more than you. You have been absolutely tenacious and relentless in your charge to the front!!!! During our last conversation last week, I could feel your frustration, like I said, we've all been there....... take a break, guess the break was a short one. I look forward to seeing you at Cecil and congratulating you in person, you are the man !!!!

Congrats!!

Chris,

Congrats !

Yep.... its alot of the Little things being right...that produce those Big desired results.

Joe

Chris made a pass or two at our track rental of Norwalk Friday morning. He had quite a ride going from wall to wall. ;-)
Glad to see you got it sorted out. To bad you did not knock that time down while we were all there to watch.
Congrats,
Brian Hofer

Congratulations. I'm looking forward to seeing you back it up at Cecil Co this weekend :).

turbobuick said:
As some of you know, I've been struggling with the car for the last two weeks. I find it is amazing what a simple front shock adjustment will do with your 60'. I forgot I tightened the front shocks after BG, one click, and it ends up that was what was killing my 60'.

This is where a logbook or notebook really, really pays off. Write down every change to the car or tune, then you know exactly how to get back to where you were if it doesn't work out, and which direction to keep going if it did help.

Congrats Chris!!!!!

Way to go brother, nice job.

If you make Cecil this weekend I'm buying you a beer.

You got my cell # gimme a call if you can make it.

Congrats again.