Cleaning/restoring underhood insulator with foaming tire shine

I've tried the simple green. It works ok but when I did it, it did not get all the stains... The tire foam idea sounds pretty good.I'd like to see some before and after before attempting it on mine though... ;)

Not sure but it might stain the paint. I know not to use silicone spray directly out of the spray can on weatherstripping or it will stain the paint.

Easy-Off Oven Cleaner WILL remove paint and just about everything else. I always remove the underhood insulator for cleaning...........

BTW guys the original post was about foaming tire shine. Not foaming tire cleaner. I haven't tried anything to clean mine yet. Afraid of making it worse.

I did my old Trans Am's hood insulator with Simple Green and a pressue washer. I got large sheet of plastic and covered the front of the car and engine compartment. Lots of dirt and grime came off and didn't get all over my paint.

I've never tried it on hood insulation. I've always used the foaming tire shine in the engine bay. Just coat and use a cloth to wipe up any puddles. It makes the engine bay look brand new and sparkly.

I used a portable stem cleaner for fabric - cleans without any solvents - then to freshen up the black I sprayed black satin Mar hyde over it being carefull not spray over the logos - looks new again

Is this a good solution for the GN Hood Insulator? Does anyone have any pics they can share?

Darren