You can type here any text you want

Close encounter with a zo6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Burner

Late last night on the freeway I was driving home from a friends house.As I looked to my right a yellow vette merged on next to me.As his front fender came within an eyeshot all I saw and it seemed as big as a billboard ZO6!! All of a sudden a cold sweat,chills and hot flashes came over me.My foot went to the floor and jumped out in front of him about 50 yards.Looked in the rear view mirror and he was catching up slowly.Bad to the bone came on the radio so I turned it up a little when all of a sudden I heard over the radio that vette down shift and leap by me like bucking bronco.I started to roll into the throttle again when I/we saw a highway patrol on the side of the road with his spotlight on.We drove easy for the next 10 miles or so before I had to exit but not before we gave each other a thumbs up!!!

I want a close encounter with a Z06 or better yet a ZR-1!

Mikey

I like Z06's:D

I've got me a grudge match with a nice Z06 at the Fontana 1/4 mile this Sunday.....gonna be fun...

It's Lou Czarnota...I fully expect Papa Lou to bolt a turbo on that thing this week just to prove a point. :D
I called him out after I smoked an LS7 Z06 a couple months back in a street race.
Just for fun...:D

Lou's done a few things to his so it's making well over 500HP at the wheels. If I 60 foot good, I should be able to take him to the first 1/8th...but once he hits 3rd gear....keeping him back there through the last 1/8th will be a challenge.
He's not new to this 1/4 mile track game like I am....so....we'll see how it goes.

I also have heads ups scheduled with another friend in a stock '02 LS6 Z06...that'll be easy pickin's:p

Then I have one with a mid 12 second 67 Camaro (on his motor). He has nitrous, but won't be using it since its a new motor and he has not set the tune for nitrous yet. Another one in the win column.:D

Then I have a heads up with a mid 11 second 69 Camaro. That one should be a close race...:D

If your TR is street driven trust me you will, and I hope all he sees are TR taillights!

I like Z06's:D

I've got me a grudge match with a nice Z06 at the Fontana 1/4 mile this Sunday.....gonna be fun...

It's Lou Czarnota...I fully expect Papa Lou to bolt a turbo on that thing this week just to prove a point. :D
I called him out after I smoked an LS7 Z06 a couple months back in a street race.
Just for fun...:D

Lou's done a few things to his so it's making well over 500HP at the wheels. If I 60 foot good, I should be able to take him to the first 1/8th...but once he hits 3rd gear....keeping him back there through the last 1/8th will be a challenge.
He's not new to this 1/4 mile track game like I am....so....we'll see how it goes.

I also have heads ups scheduled with another friend in a stock '02 LS6 Z06...that'll be easy pickin's:p

Then I have one with a mid 12 second 67 Camaro (on his motor). He has nitrous, but won't be using it since its a new motor and he has not set the tune for nitrous yet. Another one in the win column.:D

Then I have a heads up with a mid 11 second 69 Camaro. That one should be a close race...:D

you'll get one race in cause once you break into the 11's... you'll be booted for no bar... dem are the rules:p

Come up here on no et street racing at the track night at milan dragway stand behind the cars and bet $$ in the lanes ? No problem theyll prolly announce it if its over $500,noone gets to see ur et but you not even the guy in the next lane ...No problem, 9 sec car no bar?...Crazy but no problem....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz5aG0bLbMw this vid cool and links to all the other ones on the right

you'll get one race in cause once you break into the 11's... you'll be booted for no bar... dem are the rules:p

Yo Mike!:D

I'm definitely well into the 11's. I ran a 7.40 at 92mph on the 1/8th a couple weeks back with and 1.66 60 foot. Works out to an 11.60 on the 1/4...just gotta see how accurate that online calculator is now:biggrin:

I also had a lot of room left in the tune and only launched with about 3lbs of boost with a max boost just shy of 23lbs and timing bumped a degree. Should be able to eek out a couple more tenths with some adjustments and more boost off the line.;)
I plan on giving Papa Lou's Z06 a good race.

The rule is actually any ET 11.49 or faster needs a roll bar.

My buddy in the 69 Camaro already went 11.47...once... at Fontana (never repeated the feat...usually he traps in the high 11's). They didn't say anything to him other than consider getting a roll bar (they are reasonably relaxed there and only seem to go after the guys who are really pushing into the low 11's without a bar.
He should actually be faster now since he upgraded his heads and intake...his new problem will be hooking up all the new horsepower. While he figures that math problem out:D, I plan on getting as far down the track as possible so he has to squeeeeeeeeeeze that bottle for everything it's got to catch me....if he can...:D

Back