You can type here any text you want

Coach's GN vs. 69 Chevelle 396

• Thread starter Thread starter coach
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

coach

Whats up Guys?
I felt like a kid again tonight. I hang out at a small downtown tavern with a nice side patio. On hot nights , like tonight, we are outside shootin the breeze and watchin what cruises by. For a few weeks now this youngster in a 396 Chevelle hops this car past the club lookin' for trouble. Well 3 or 4 of us have rides including 2 LS Camaros and a 2004 WS6 Trans Am. Everyone is black. I left tonight to come home and got about 3 blocks down the street and this Chevelle is on my rear bumper, hopping:rolleyes: . I went another 2 blocks and turned out to our 4 lane. I turned the corner and he stayed behind me. He never got in the other lane. I punched it and it was over:eek: . The next time I looked in the mirror, he was at least 10-12 cars behind and loosing fast. I looked at my mph on the scanmaster and it said 121. I did not pay attention to anything during the run, but recall said I hit 11.7 knock:eek: . The car seems ok, but I have never had any knock at all, ever. I will have to dig into this and see what it was. As for the 69, he is now MIA. I went back to the patio to see if he hops by anymore and I think I cured him of that. Maybe next time he will read my plate..."XAQSHNR". He has just been "executed"!:cool:

I had to share, haven't had a real good kill in a few years because no one will run my Max Wedge car anymore. They think this V-6 is slower, FOOLS.

See ya soon I hope.
Coach:cool:

Nice kill!

Post some pix of that Max Wedge!:D

The Maxxie is being rebuilt as we speak. I will take photos of it and post. You are not the first to ask. I do not have any pics of it that are with a digital camera, all 35mm. I do not have a scanner either.

Thanks
Coach

Kill or a lesson, it doesnt matter. He got a dose of the GN and since he is MIA I believe he figures if he goes back He could get a good spangin!!:D :eek:

I got to meet the 396 kid on Friday night. He was at our Back to the 50's fest in Conneaut Lake , Pa. I pulled in late and there he was. He was talking to another guy I know. When I walked over, they were laughing. I asked what was so funny, and my buddy goes," When you came around the corner, he said, that is the car that blew my doors off !!!" He is just 18 and his dad put the car together for him. It is a 383 strocker in a 396 body. He wants a big block someday, but his dad says he has to earn it. Well he is in the hole right out of the shoot. He is a really nice kid and not a know-it-all like most. He wants to come over to my garage and see my other cars. He was racing everyone all weekend. He won most of the others and is also spreading the word to watch out for the "black car". I had to give him the advise to watch out for the "white Trans-Am" in town also. I know WS6 is not going to be happy with me, he love to teach lessons too.

Have a great rest of the weekend,
Coach

Back