Converter opinions?

V6sleeper

Turbo Buick's since 1988
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Hi guys, im gonna install a new L/U transmission in one of my cars in the next month or so, I have 3 l/u converters laying around and was wondering all your opinions on my current 3 pieces, Also note- this is a stock block with low miles only mods are - te60 garrett, 60#injectors, tt chip, racetronix 340 pump, slic stretch intercooler, k+n filter, soon to be alki, goals are mid to high 11s,...now for the converters
1- Ptc 10" 3200 lu (leave alone or re-stall?)
2- 12" red stripe stalls at 2800
3- pop stock D5 back in?
or scrap all of the above and go for a new one....suggestions??

I'd go in with the ptc. That's a lot of turbo to spool.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'd go in with the ptc. That's a lot of turbo to spool.

I have used the ptc 3200 lu before with a bigger 67mm turbo wasn't a great match with slippage, would it be more efficient with a te44 or te60?

What is the part number on the converter? I'd like to verify what stall you have.

A converter will get more efficient with a smaller turbo IF you are making less power. Less power takes load off a converter so it will become more efficient. For example if you were running a 67mm at 30psi and running a TE44 at 22 psi, yes you will have less slip.

I'd like to see a 2800 stall 10" with a te44 or te60 for mid-high 11's. The red stripe 12" is probably a 2200rpm at 0-1psi stall. The 10" would be a real 2800 or 3200 depending on the part number.

What is the part number on the converter? I'd like to verify what stall you have.

A converter will get more efficient with a smaller turbo IF you are making less power. Less power takes load off a converter so it will become more efficient. For example if you were running a 67mm at 30psi and running a TE44 at 22 psi, yes you will have less slip.

I'd like to see a 2800 stall 10" with a te44 or te60 for mid-high 11's. The red stripe 12" is probably a 2200rpm at 0-1psi stall. The 10" would be a real 2800 or 3200 depending on the part number.

Dusty The ptc 10" was through Fullthrottle about 5 years ago item#6651070027LUSS