coolant s bypass hose

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
so anyone who has got an OEM bypass hose like this one time to replace
it looks like it has three ridges on the side of it
I will be replacing all hoses regardless the OEM upper rad hose is really sealed / molded on there
now do I keep the OEM style clamp IDNK
IMG_1677.JPG

I just did mine,took me over an hour to get out ,came out in many pieces!!!!highway stars has all the hoses and a nice billet thermostat housing.

Try placing a socket/extension over the old housing and wiggle it back and forth. I saw this tip from a member on here a while back. Worth a shot. Good luck!

so anyone who has got an OEM bypass hose like this one time to replace
it looks like it has three ridges on the side of it
I will be replacing all hoses regardless the OEM upper rad hose is really sealed / molded on there
now do I keep the OEM style clamp IDNK View attachment 333636
Do yourself a favor and do what I did replace all of those hoses with GbodyParts silicone hoses.

got a new thermo housing stainless
now 160 or 180 thermo thats the question

when I so something like this I just want to pull the whole motor and go at it its so damn dirty
aaaaaahhhhh

Rock auto has all the hoses. I installed all new hoses when I did my stroker

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-17-23-55-53.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-17-23-55-53.png
    351.6 KB · Views: 65
and distilled water and rmi or coolant
what's the advantage of just running water alone
im in florida so im not worried about cold temps

If you're racing I can see running water.
But if it's a street driving its always good to run coolant 60/40 or some type of mixture
It raises the boiling temperature of water and if your ever stops working at least you will have something that won't turn into a steam boiler.

ok got the thermo out it say 180 on it now the magic question again 180 vs 160
just tap it out just tap it out haha
IMG_1683.JPG

ok thx Scott
hey Hahny guess well see how castles hood pad holds up to steaming hot coolant being sprayed all over it

ok thx Scott
hey Hahny guess well see how castles hood pad holds up to steaming hot coolant being sprayed all over it
Yeah, I read your post about you're little mishap that happened over the weekend and yes keep me posted on hood pad. Oh, I too run a 160 t-stat.