You can type here any text you want

Cooling fan inoperative

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom87GNX

Hey fellas I have no cooling fan operation, I have constant 12v from starter solenoid at relay connectors, and jumping the power to the fan proves the fan works. I don't have power at the brown wire on the relay connectors which is 12v ignition on which should be powered from either A/C fuse on 86 models or relay fuse on 87's. Has anyone run into this issue? The a/c fuse is good (I don't have a relay fuse or slot in fuse block) is there a connection somewhere else or factory splice pack? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Btw, I'm following the schematic from vortex buicks. Thanks in advance
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I understand that only controls the high speed fan, besides that doesn't control the 12v ignition on that I'm missing at the relay connector

Has it worked up until now?
Is the dash wiring harness the same year as the engine wiring harness?

No, it's a freshly completed IC swap. The dash harness is an 85, and not sure if engine harness is 86 or 87. I got them working temporarily by running a separate 12v ign on feed to the relay, by doing this the fan runs as it should.

So far it's the only gremlin I see, the car runs pretty well for just a quick base tune. Hasn't left the bay yet though, still have little details to complete that are not to my liking.

The 85 didn't have an electric fan,so the wiring to the fusebox is different.It will have to be spliced to something else.

I'm aware of that, but was under the impression the 85 dash harness was the same as the 86 in which power from the A/C fuse would control the 12v ign feed like the 86 model did. The 87 model had a "relay" slot in the fuse box for the 12v ign feed to the fan relays.

Nonetheless I have it wired in through a 12v ign feed now and the fan kicks on at 166 and back off at 162 as it should. Thanks for the info though.
Tom

Back