Corvette 13" brakes

GnTooFast4u

I was wondering if anybody made an adapter to fit the vette c5 caliper and c4 rotor onto the Regals. Reason I ask is because I've done it to a 68 camaro using the drum hub but did'nt know if anybody has done it to a regal.Thanks

Paul

Give a search for Marcus. He is making parts for the G body so you can run the vette brakes.

Chad

Marcus will only sell you Baer or someone elses parts. If you are looking to do the conversion cheap, then contact Brady at i_BILD@comcast.net. Make sure you tell him what spindles you are using and what brake set up (12" 98-02 F body or the 13" 97-04 Corvette).

GNVAIR is wrong. Look him up on this board or on the Monti board. Tell him what you want to do and he'll help you.

Chad

GNVAIR,
Please get your information correct before making such a broad and erroneous statement. The work Mark does on the C5 spindles can hardly be considered "someone else's parts" and he is more than willing to work with anybody to get them what they need for their cars. His attitude toward giving the best product he can comes from many years of actual experience and a love for what he does. I doubt very much you'll find many people as committed to quality and customer satisfaction as Mark. Just because you disagree with him on certain things about the LS1 brake swaps for the G Bodies is no reason to tell people something that isn't true. If you continue this like you did at montecarloss.com I will report you to the Moderator.
Larry.

All of you get this straight. Marcus Savitske does not make those brackets. nor did he design the first set nor does he hold a patent. He has designed other suspension pieces using C5 parts, but unfortunately you are wrong about the brake brackets.
I personally had made several hand cut sets and others have been making them for over 5 years. He was pissed on when I and my friend Brady posted that we were making the brackets and selling them for $40/pair since he tries selling his customers the Baer or other high line stuff. If you want to argue then pm me and I will send you my phone number and we can discuss this on the phone. I will have no problem backing my information up. I know Bruce Toelle on here as well as Nick Micale and I know Paul over at www.montecarloss.com
Your threats are laughable at best. Going to report me to the moderators. What are you? 5 years old. For a 50+ year old guy you act like a big baby.
And yes, I disagree with Marcus on many things. The guy is talented, but I as well as several guys who happen to have been working on cars before he was even born disagree on his statements in reference to making hubs out of rotors or using cast iron hubs (as GM has done). Marcus disagreed with this and I requested he back his information up which he was unable to.
So all of you should get your facts straight. :rolleyes:
Btw, my name is Lee Josephs. Before you accuse me you best have your facts ready .... I am talking about YOU Larry.

Btw. when I said "Marcus will only sell you Baer or someone elses parts" I was talking about brake parts. Marcus does manufacture other suspension items for G bodies.

Thanks for the info, I did a quick search on the monty page and did'nt find anything under the brake section so i just emailed the guy you told me to contact GNVAIR. Thanks again.

Man, Brady is ontop of his game, he already responded to my email, the brackets are fixin to hit the market soon. Better start finding some rotors i guess.

Brady is good people. He is an awesome CAD programmer and has the equiptment to cut out pretty much any type of metal plate. He is also doing brackets to install the 12 J55 Vette brakes for 67-69 F bodies and 64-72 A bodies.

Yeah I know, he said he's got a CNC Plasma cutter, that's really damn nice equipment, expensive too. I already got a great supplier for all my 1st gen brake kits (Speedtech) but unfortunatley he does not do any G-body stuff. Depending on what Brady tells me I'm probably going with his brackets. Just need to know wheather he uses a c5 rotor or the c4 due to clearance issues.

The brackets i designed for him are for the 98 and up C5 calipers, and rotors. i sent him the CAD design last week, he's alittle busy at work so im waiting on him to send me the test pair of brackets to make sure everything clears and works right. the parts im using are 02 calipers, caliper brackets, pads, rotors, bano bolts, g-body spindles modified, and a pair of g-body rotors cut down into hubs with longer wheel studs.

Originally posted by mybuick
can these be used with the gn and t-type rims?

The 12" LS1 brakes require atleast a 16" rim although I think some of the F body guys have gotten away with Welds or similar 15" skinnies on the front. I do know from past experience that the T Type wheels fit with the 12" B body brake set so it might be possible with those. The 86-87 GN wheels wont clear those.
The 13" C5 brakes would definitely be out of the question.

The clearnce issues I'm worried about though is not diameter. For example the c5 rotor requires the caliper to mount further to the outside of the car (.83" from rotor face), closer to the wheel face, and the c4 only puts the caliper .304" from the rotor face. When i did the 68 camaro brake swap I had to use the c4 rotor because with the c5 rotor the caliper would hit most wheels (the spokes). Do you know if this might be an issue on the G-bodies?

Paul

Oh Also, I've got access to two rear calipers and two rear rotors from a c5, can these be adapted to fit on the rear of the GN?

Originally posted by GnTooFast4u
The clearnce issues I'm worried about though is not diameter. For example the c5 rotor requires the caliper to mount further to the outside of the car (.83" from rotor face), closer to the wheel face, and the c4 only puts the caliper .304" from the rotor face. When i did the 68 camaro brake swap I had to use the c4 rotor because with the c5 rotor the caliper would hit most wheels (the spokes). Do you know if this might be an issue on the G-bodies?

Paul

Not sure as we have never tried it with any type of stock wheel so cant say for sure.

Originally posted by GnTooFast4u
Oh Also, I've got access to two rear calipers and two rear rotors from a c5, can these be adapted to fit on the rear of the GN?

I'm sure they could be, but you would have to fabricate your own bracketry. The G body rear axle is tricky since it has a strange flange that differs dramatically from the older 4 bolt flange GM used for many years. As a matter of fact, the 82-92 F bodies used the same flange as the G body when they had drum brakes and the older 4 bolt flange with discs. I have heard of guys cutting the flange down and drilling the 4 holes OR you can have your housing reflanged. If you do that, then the 12" 93-97 F body rear discs should bolt on. Just be careful with the caliper to frame rail clearance as well as shock absorber clearance.

GNVAIR, thanks for the info. Guess I´ll just wait around to see how the brake brackets work once on a car.

Paul

The rear sounds a little more difficult but I´m sure there is a somewhat easy way to do it.