Craigs List???

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
I think I may not be using the "reply" feature, correctly, when asking for info on a vehicle.
I say this, as I have never received a reply. Some 10 instances.
I clik "reply", and get a link that is shown in email format. I type in the body of the message, and send.
My message always shows up in the "sent" folder on my email acct.
Is this not the correct way to do this?
Many ads have "contact info", in their ad. If that's there, then I can usually call, or text, etc.

Been looking for a "bucket list" 55 Chevy 2dr. Have seen several I like...No replies. I'm wondering if my being an asshole, has anything to do w/ it??:rolleyes:

I had the same problem and relaized that the Craigslist mail email wasn’t jiving With my email program so every time I sent an email it wasn’t going Through. Now, I copy the persons email address in the reply bar and paste it into my normal email and it goes through.

Many of those ads are bullshit ads. They are posted to collect your e-mail address. Have you noticed an increase in spam?

I had the same problem and relaized that the Craigslist mail email wasn’t jiving With my email program so every time I sent an email it wasn’t going Through. Now, I copy the persons email address in the reply bar and paste it into my normal email and it goes through.

Just tried that. We'll see.
Thanks for the tip.

I offered a FREE working refrigerator and the first person to call asked if I would deliver????????
I offered an item in good working condition at 20 percent value of new and the first question from the first caller was will I take any less?????? At least come look at it before you try to beat me up on the price.
I will not use Craigslist for any reason,

That's what I do, too. No problems.

Chuck,

A lot of the people on CL are flakes, they post things for sale there because its free. I've replied by email a few times when they don't have any other contact info. Sometimes you get a response and sometimes you get static. I wouldn't read too much into it myself.

Neal

Neal, I'm thinking this guy is a flake.
He has 2 ads w/ different pics, same car, same price, and some different text.
I've been around 55-57 Chevys since my first, in 1957. The price he's asking seems way too low. So, thot I'd try him out..
Guess I'll start looking elsewhere.
Most of the nicer 55's are in the 35 to bazillion range.
I guess the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true, it likely isn't", holds here.

You were alive in 1957?:pompous::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Yep! And, many yrs before that. Yet, I'm still not as old as Nick Micale.:eek:
I'd guess Nick and I are the "grandfathers" of the forum. He's 81+/-. I'm 79.

Now back to the CL deal.
I got 2 emails from the "seller".. Quite a story!
Here's a snippit:

I'm selling it at this price of $17,000 because my husband died 3 months ago and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it asap. No damage or hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained. I have a clear title, without liens or loans on it. Me and my son decided to sell the house and we moved to my parents house in Helen, GA trying to start a new life.

I want to use eBay Motors services (5 days of testing prior purchase) for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing, please provide me your full name for the bill of sale, delivery address and a phone number so I can notify eBay that you're selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. I look forward to hear from you. Thanks!
"She" also included a bunch of nice pics. The description in the ad is different from her email.
Someone that doesn't know cars, and is trying to use terms that don't apply to the car??

Scam?? Smells like something is a bit off. Y/N?
The ad is in Gadsden, Al, and she lives in Helen GA.:cautious:

I'm not familiar w/ Ebay "services". NE1 use that?
Best I can tell, I can't inspect it, prior to paying for it. But, I pay Ebay, go get the car, and have 5 days to return it. Y/N?

Yep! And, many yrs before that. Yet, I'm still not as old as Nick Micale.:eek:
I'd guess Nick and I are the "grandfathers" of the forum. He's 81+/-. I'm 79.

Now back to the CL deal.
I got 2 emails from the "seller".. Quite a story!
Here's a snippit:

I'm selling it at this price of $17,000 because my husband died 3 months ago and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it asap. No damage or hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained. I have a clear title, without liens or loans on it. Me and my son decided to sell the house and we moved to my parents house in Helen, GA trying to start a new life.

I want to use eBay Motors services (5 days of testing prior purchase) for the safety of both of us so if you’re interested in purchasing, please provide me your full name for the bill of sale, delivery address and a phone number so I can notify eBay that you're selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. I look forward to hear from you. Thanks!
"She" also included a bunch of nice pics. The description in the ad is different from her email.
Someone that doesn't know cars, and is trying to use terms that don't apply to the car??

Scam?? Smells like something is a bit off. Y/N?
The ad is in Gadsden, Al, and she lives in Helen GA.:cautious:

I'm not familiar w/ Ebay "services". NE1 use that?
Best I can tell, I can't inspect it, prior to paying for it. But, I pay Ebay, go get the car, and have 5 days to return it. Y/N?
I found a duramax gmc on Craigslist I wanted. It seemed like an incredible deal. I shit you not it was the exact same story except she was supposedly in Nebraska. We emailed back and forth a couple times and it became apparent it was a scam of some sort. The exact same story. Amazing.

I'll bet they are related to a Nigerian Princess that wants to make you rich.

I'll bet they are related to a Nigerian Princess that wants to make you rich.

Close!
I did a bit of searching her email addy..
Results were a pic of what looks to be a 5-7 yo black kid with the pic photo shopped to put cat whiskers and bunny ears on her. WTF!
Most definitely a scam...

Simply provide your name & address, along with your social & bank routing numbers to ensure financial success! :eek:

I moved a while back. Ran a LOT of ads on Craigslist to trim down the load.

I'm fairly certain that CL has the power to convert Mr. Rogers, into Sam Kinison!