FEL-PRO Transmission Pan Gasket

GNONYX

Can I apply silicone on pan for this Fel-Pro gasket, or install it dry?

I like to use thin... very thin smear of right stuff to hold gasket in place on whatever your putting back on...and sometimes another thin smear on the other side... has always worked ....

Usually the filters I've used come with the cork one but a few have had the black more rubber type. Have just put a small smear of regular grease on the pan to hold it and start a couple bolts threw the gasket before putting it up. That's of course after letting it flatten out overnight. Never had one leak yet, could reuse most of them if you had to.

If not too late I would consider a Duraprene gasket. No need to mess around with silicone or rtv. Personally I would never go back to using anything else.

I just use the right stuff to hold in place ... like I said very very little amount ..it sets up fast compared to others and let the gasket do its job ... proper torque is crucial in criss cross pattern like everything else .. its all about the details and being meticulous .. not found in most areas of the world :p

I just use the right stuff to hold in place ... like I said very very little amount ..it sets up fast compared to others and let the gasket do its job ... proper torque is crucial in criss cross pattern like everything else .. its all about the details and being meticulous .. not found in most areas of the world :p
Right stuff isnt a gasket sealant its a Gasket maker and not the best choice for sealing a gasket.

10/4 ... i use such a little amount i guess it never made a difference... thanks for the tip turbo nasty