You can type here any text you want

Custom headers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tobuyitright

What are some guide lines for making my own headers? I am having clearence problems with the cross-over and down piping, need to make my own. What are the best primary tubes? And what size works best for the crossover? Also does equal length help HP? Thanks

Depending on the HP level (stock manifolds work till 10s-high 9s) keep that in mind.
1 1/2 primarys to 2 1/4 collecors would be fine. The smoother the bends and smooth transitions from pipe/flange ect help. Equil leingh will help but not as critical as it's made out to be.
You could even use the stock flange that bolts to the heads to start your own set.
Good luck, Scott~

I used the stock DS and had a crossover and PS header made. I used mild steel and had it jet hot coated inside and out.

1½" primaries and 2¼" crossover that merge into something oddball.

Buy a set of misbends from headers by Ed for $140 and go to town. I had a Hooker header set that was junk so I used that for the flange, welded the tubes on the outside then ported it. Works great and fits like a glove.

Back