You can type here any text you want

dash gauge cluster issue!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickGN3:16

can anyone tell me how to disconnect the stock rpm color light display in the dash? its bad so it lights up all the way & stays, very annoying & also the stock yellow boost light, how can i kill wherever that inaccurate boost signal is coming from? 87gn stock dash cluster

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Is it as simple as unplugging the sensor on the fender? I don't think the ECM uses this sensor. You might just need a new one. Its just a MAP sensor. Every GM vehicle for the last 20 years has one. I even grafted a GM MAP onto a Ford with succes.

The hard vacuum line on the map sensor may need to be replaced or the metal to hard line connecter may be shot. John at Casper's Electronics is the man to talk to about dash repair.

What you're seeing is a chronic condition that makes the LED display light up all the way. It's not a problem with your MAP sensor or ignition feed.

Eventually, ALL tach/boost displays will fail.

Here is some tech info:
http://www.installationinstructions.com/FYI/tachboost.pdf

It can still be repaired, and you have to dig deep to get to its connector. Buried behind the dash.

is there a wire or fuse somewhere that i can cut or pull out? i want to do away with it i use a monster tack anyway

No, that fuse powers all the gages. Unplugging the sensor is the easiest way. If it still lights up you must have a short somewhere.

On the passenger side fender, behind the rad overflow bottle. It has a vacuum line running to it with a three wire plug.

Back