You can type here any text you want

Dash/Instrument lights

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tori

What lights are supposed to come on with the ignition when first turning the key. (before engine is running)

I assume they all should, but only a couple of mine do. Working on replacing bulbs, but even new bulbs don't cure it. Need to know if i need to keep digging further or if only some of them light with the key.

Also, i know our cars are archaic, but isn't there a light for the headlight switch ? - so you can find the damn thing in the dark ? How about one for the rear defrost ?

I know the check engine light, oil, seat belt does.....
No light in headlight switch.
Yes light in defrost, but not serviceable

All from memory

anyone else care to help a brother out ? maybe go to your car and twist the key ? ? ?

I didnt mention that I would've, but my car is 40 miles away at my shop.

I'm losing it..
.at work and was going to verify....but I've got a lesare cluster. .....lol

The volts should come on too. All others water temp, brake, cruise, security, turn sigs, Do not do a key on bulb test.
Washer fluid, power injection, low fuel, and car is leveling do not even have bulbs....

The volts should come on too. All others water temp, brake, cruise, security, turn sigs, Do not do a key on bulb test.
Washer fluid, power injection, low fuel, and car is leveling do not even have bulbs....

Steve, you'da man !

I think my brake light comes on. I don't have an oil light in my AVC dash. My volts light doesn't come on which is weird because I have power in the wire to the socket. Even tried another socket and still no light. Bulbs test good. Check engine light comes on.

Back