Dave Huseks 3021 Torque Converter

That's awesome to hear. Waiting on a Trans, converter, a cooler....Can't wait! What a freak'n good dude!

I'll be pulling the transmission in the spring to get it out to him!! Great guy great parts great customer service!! Only wish I lived closer!!!

Dave modified my 5 disc Vigilante 0 pump to duplicate the characteristics of his 3521 converter. This converter is a little bit more slippery than the 3021 that the OP has just purchased.

Before Modification
235" 7.88/1
26 lbs boost
WOT

97 mph@5,650rpm@580 g/s airflow
3rd shift@63mph@5,800 rpm
62 to 98 mph in 64 frames on Powerlogger

After Modification
273" 9.29/1
13 lbs boost

98 mph@5,250rpm@395 g/s airflow
3rd shift@76mph@5,800 rpm
62 to 98 mph in 19 frames on Powerlogger

My car accelerates at a drastically faster rate than it ever did before and it does it while making much less power as evidenced by the much lower airflow rate of the new engine.
I can easily achieve 110 mph in the same distance that I used to see 100 mph on the road I use for testing. This converter is as slippery as the unmodified version leaving a stoplight but obviously couples much better at WOT. Again my car has never accelerated at as fast a rate as it does now and it does it while producing much less power. It's The Converter!

Last edited:
I need a transmission rebuild and a converter. I wish Dave was closer, but I have made that drive before with two kids and it wasn't that bad. Might be doing it again.

You can always band to a pallet and ship via Fastenall or other LTL carrier

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Where exactly is Daves shop!! Be rebuilding tranny in the spring!!

I think it's somewhere near Manhattan but someone else or Dave can be more specific.

My car accelerates at a drastically faster rate than it ever did before and it does it while making much less power as evidenced by the much lower airflow rate of the new engine.
I can easily achieve 110 mph in the same distance that I used to see 100 mph on the road I use for testing.
nice testing.very simple and real.

I got one of Dave's billet converters in Oct. & now going to take my transmission to him in January for a Pro build , can't wait for spring !

You can always band to a pallet and ship via Fastenall or other LTL carrier

I'm going to talk to Dave tomorrow. As far shipping, I have a guy at work who can help me get it ready. It would cost more in time to drive it out there, than to ship it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to talk to Dave tomorrow. As far shipping, I have a guy at work who can help me get it ready. It would cost more in time to drive it out there, than to ship it.

Dave likes to use Fastenal for shipping , he said they have good prices .

Dave likes to use Fastenal for shipping , he said they have good prices .
Thanks for the info. I pulled my motor and I have another 109 block being rebuilt. Transmission is completely stock and with my rebuild I'm going to be pushing 550rwhp, if not more. Don't think the stock trans can handle that. I want the pro build. I believe in over building, don't like living on the edge with the money I've put into my engine rebuild. Of course I need a converter. Dave is awesome and always has time to talk.

Thanks for the info. I pulled my motor and I have another 109 block being rebuilt. Transmission is completely stock and with my rebuild I'm going to be pushing 550rwhp, if not more. Don't think the stock trans can handle that. I want the pro build. I believe in over building, don't like living on the edge with the money I've put into my engine rebuild. Of course I need a converter. Dave is awesome and always has time to talk.

That's about where I'm at HP wise and trans (not stock) started slipping at the 2-3 shift , so off to Dave for a rebuild , replace driveshaft with a Dennys 3.5", and Baer or Wilwood stop fast parts to finish it off !! Looking forward to meeting him when I drop off my trans. Sam

That's about where I'm at HP wise and trans (not stock) started slipping at the 2-3 shift , so off to Dave for a rebuild , replace driveshaft with a Dennys 3.5", and Baer or Wilwood stop fast parts to finish it off !! Looking forward to meeting him when I drop off my trans. Sam
Do you live close to Dave.

Not really , I'm in Rochester NY . He's about a 7 hr drive , but I'm going to visit my cousin for a weekend who lives about 1 1/2 hrs away and he worked on Long Island . He knows it like the back of his hand .

I'm south of Detroit. In 2009, I drove within a few miles of Philly to pick up some weld wheels. Too me the drive wasn't all that bad and it was over the Memorial Day weekend. We'll see. I have 2 weeks off during the Christmas break.