You can type here any text you want

DEPRESSURIZING/FLUSHING POWER MASTER FOR LONG TERM STORAGE

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HIKOTN

I depressurize and flush my power master on my 51k 87 GN in order to prolong the life of my power master every time I know the car will sit over 10 days. It serves as good preventative maintenance by keeping the system with new fluid and not keeping the system pressurized if it just going to sit and look pretty in my garage.

BUT I jacked up the process by topping off the reservoir after already pressurizing the accumulator ball. I forgot that when the system is pressurized, there is no need to fill/top off the right side of the reservoir (passenger side). Well I did, and after about 75 miles the reservoir started to spill the extra fluid i should have never added in the first place.

At first, I was wondering why it was making a huge mess and why I could hear the power master motor running as I was driving and then I realized my mistake.

So i took out the extra fluid (what was left) and also depressurized and start from the begining.

But now my power master motor won’t stop running and Im afraid to leave the switch in as I think it will eventually drain my battery or burn the motor. And I think it sounds differently too.

In order to not cause more damage or go down unnecessary rabbit holes, what should I do at this point?

Internal seals shot, check valve leaking, pump element shot, or switch quit

Hopefully the pump is still pumping. If it is you should see the pumped fluid gushing from one of the ports at the bottom of the reservoir

Back