DERALE DUAL ELEC FAN SHROUD 16927 install on LS1 RAD

mario65

Hot Roddicus Supersonicus
2014-03-29 15.51.02.jpg
2014-03-29 15.50.54.jpg
2014-03-29 15.50.45.jpg
I live in FL. I haven't had the car through a summer yet but already the a/c was hitting coolant temps of 200 degrees. No a/c I was ok at 170 to 185. It has aluminum heads and mods with a front mount. I dint want to change rads because it seemed the factory fan was just way too puny to make me feel like it was using the rad efficiently.
Anyway I went for the 16927 4000CFM dual fan shroud. I found it cheap at mud flaps.com and got summit racing to price match it. It came in when my turbo was being swapped so It helped to have the extra room.
I am using a chromed factory top rad plate. I had to make some cuts with a dremel for it to continue to work and hold the A/C lines. Outside of that the shroud is ridiculously a perfect fit. It fits edge to edge on the radiator and it misses the intercooler pipes also. I have some pics to see the cuts in the top plate that will be necessary. Also I used the factory supplied brackets. I only used the supplied screws to mount the brackets to the top plate and the core support below.. I then slid the shroud in from the top (use the rubber trim piece that comes with it). I couldn't get the factory screws to work without a headache so I went to Lowes and bought some self tapping stainless screws to screw the plate onto the shroud. Not sure the size but the head was 10mm and they were an inch long.

Went for a ride and its about 75 out and I can't get it above 150 without a/c. 155 to 160 with A/C. Forget about it this shroud can handle anything you throw at it.. It is a little loud wit both running. I am thinking of having one come on key on and the other with a temp switch at 170. Heck maybe both at that temp. Not sure yet.

Last edited:
Bit of advice... CHANGE the wiring that came with it ASAP! First to go was the fuse holder, then the relay holder. I ended up making my own harness using 8 gauge wire and PAC80 battery isolators as relays.
Fuse holder 2.jpg

Thanks
I noticed the crappy 30 amp fuse died in minutes and swapped them out. I ran dual 10ga ground and power from the beginning. Ill take close look at it tomorrow. I was thinking of getting a temp controller. Ill make sure it comes with some serious cabling.