You can type here any text you want

Difference btw Kirban bushings and gbody bushing sets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaulRV6

I'm looking at both websites and GBODY offers their set with 42 pieces and Kirban offers 22 piece and then another four pieces for #1 totaling 26. This is just from counting the parts on their pics they show. There is 7 bushings on each side including the #5 gnx so thats a total of 28 for top and bottom. What am I missing btw the two companies? I want to get the replacement rubber ones just not sure which kit. No response yet from each vendor so I thought I would ask here.

paul

theres 7 mounting points #1 - #7 , the #5 is a single , so 12 holes top and bottom =24pcs + 2pcs at #5 = 26 pieces to do a full set doing the bottoms
buick never installed lowers at #3 and #4 , and at #7 on non posi cars so theres only really only 18 bushings on a posi car and 16 bushings on a non posi , the left out bushing got a washer in their place

kirbans 22 pc kit is for #2-#7 and does not include the 4 pcs from the rad support #1 position because he sells that set seperately ... http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/43851/REPRODUCTION BODY MOUNT BUSHINGS CUSHIONS (22) KIT #7305.html

weavy with 46pc would be the energy suspension poly set that has extra parts neeed to install ( washers and sleeves )
kirbans is oe style with the steel sleeve integrated in the upper rubber bushings an washers integrated into the lowers

even with the huge cost difference i would do the oe style over the energy poly any day
to be correct ..buick never installed at #3 and #4 , and at #7 on non posi cars so theres only really only 18 bushings on a posi car and 16 bushings on a non posi , the left out bushing got a washer in their place
i just ripped apart an 82 regal that had 4 "gnx" bushings installed ... 2 at #5 and 2 at #3 and no lowers at #4 or #7

Last edited:
According to gbody website the 46 pc is the gm oem replacement. I definitely do not want poly bushings. Thanks

i didnt check bweavys 46pc set .. his site is hard to navigate anymore

i just looked his stuff
i dont understand the confusion really because each vendor listing has descriptions , cant go by pic alone

the red bushing 170 some dollar kit is energy susp poly , didnt count up the pieces but there should be 26 bushings , 24 washers , 12 sleeves and 12 bolts

the 325 some dollar kit is GM and includes the #1, #2 ,#3 ,#4, #6 ,#7 upper and lower bushings , and the 2 #5 gnx bushings thats just pop in
the pic he shows is not what you get , you get one set...the pic is of three complete sets ... possibly because that's all the bushings could he get his hands on so hes showing he had three complete sets to offer

Last edited:
I just went through this. We did two cars and went with the Kirban kit. The core support bushings are a sold separately.

Back