You can type here any text you want

Distracted Driver Syndrome?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
While walking to work one day recently, I actually saw a woman steering with her ELBOW while she talked on a cell phone with one hand and reached for a cup of coffee with the other. :eek:

This was while rounding a corner. In a massive SUV. All alone in that huge vehicle, of course.

I kid you not. My jaw dropped open.

Scares me to think that phone call or that sip of coffee is more important than the kid she might hit in a crosswalk next time. :rolleyes:

I enjoy driving and take it seriously. But to most people it's become no different than channel surfing. How do we get them to take it seriously, too, when they won't change their own behavior?

If I think about I'll get a picture of a billboard that is on the autobahn that sums this up PERFECTLY. There's a picture of a man sitting in the driver's seat. He's talking on a cell phone, smoking a cigarette, eating a burger and barely holding the steering wheel. Underneath the caption reads "Und wer Faehrt?" And who's driving??

AHH just saw this on my way to work about 1 hr ago.

Road opens up from single to double lane.. SUV Blazer in front of me has left side of vehicle in left lane & right side in right lane.

Not moving into any I decide to stay in left lane & accelerate around. Him on cell phone now wants to come back into my lane without blinker starts drifting over. I pull my nose right next to his door.. He WOKE up fast!.

Back