You can type here any text you want

Do rear tires rub on gnx?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNRick

Retired member
I'm running 255X50X16 in the rear and if I don't put air in air bags they rub when I hit small bumps at 65 mph. I have 2 year old Moog springs and 3 week old Monroe Sensa Track shocks. This is a GNX clone. Pic shows 245X50X16's. Thanks.

Attachments

• HPIM1008.jpg
    HPIM1008.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 309
Are those GTA fronts are GNX spec wheels. I have GTA fronts with those same exact tires and no rub anywhere on orginal springs.

Depends what offset the wheels are.

On a real GNX the front tires where a closer fit than the rears.

Pete

GTA fronts with a 255-50-16 will rub slightly on a GN, most people dont even notice its so slight. When I ran GTA's I used a small 3/16" spacer and no more rubbing. Also looked better bringing the wheel out a bit. The GTA offset wheels sit in too far, especially with those fender flares.

They are Kirban's 16" wheels with a spacer (don't know what size) in the rear. The spacer is the kind that has it's own lugnuts, then you bolt the wheel to the spacer. They rub enough to cut into the tires.

GTA Rims

I've got 4 Front 0 offset GTA's on all corners with 245-50R-16 Fronts and 255-50R-16 on the rear. No rubbing issues on the rear, however at full steering lock I do get a wee bit of tire rubbing.

dave

I filled up the air bags (18 lbs on pass. side, 30 lbs on drivers side) and I have about 27.5" from ground to lip of fender flare. Tires don't rub now. I had the d/s airbag blow a hole in it on a seam. Instructions say you can go up to 35 psi, I had about 30 psi. I called Airlift and they sent me a new one for free. The person I spoke with said to send back my old one as he wanted to look at it. He even sent me a Fedex return shipping label.

Back