You can type here any text you want

Do you guys think i can take this??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

charleslong

Ok Guys,

My uncle who i bought my GN from, has a 1970 buick skylark gs stage 1 with the 455 in it. The car is not stock, but it doesnt have as much done as my car. Well, anyways he has been talking some noise, and i have been thinking of shuting him up. What do you guys think the out come will be?

If he sold you the car, that is cause to be worried. He likely has an idea what he's gonna be up against.

*CHEERLEADING* 2, 4, 6, 8,....

IF it helps any...at a few Buick Events i've noticed just about every GS lose to a GN at the strip. Granted these GS cars were doing only 13-12 second runs...one yellow/black GSX put a hurt on a GN doing a 10.30 vs an 11 sec. what are your mods that give you such doubts in taking out a sister V8 buick? Get him out of the hole is the only thing i can think to say on an empty stomach =P.

It's pretty easy to get the 455 cars into the 12's. Like any car, it's tougher to hit the 11's, but there are plenty of 11 second GS's ou there. I don't know what times you are running, but you can bet if he is talking smack, he's fast and can probably back it up.

these are some of the mods i have 70mm throttle body, ported/polished aluminium heads, 7 step adj. chip, adj. boost control, adj. boost a spark, 3 " exhaust, cold air intake, front mount intercooler, cold air intake and a few other goods, also with stock turbo and I think stock injectors. He put alot of money into the car. Also this was his second GN, the first one was faster, and was bored over to 4.1.

What mods does the Stage 1 have that you know of? Those cars have tremendous torque out of the hole. Prolly the highest torque rating GM ever gave a car. Do you know his rear gearing ratio? Sounds like he may be older and wiser so proceed with caution. Does he know of your car's mods since you bought it? Should be quite interesting based on your car's mods. I'd say, you got your hands full. If you can, get some race gas and race chip prior to the run if scheduled. If I were to line up with my two Buicks (see sig), my TR would annilate my '70 GS455 which is close to stock form. Remember when two Buicks line up, it isn't a race but test n tune!:cool:

Originally posted by Evans Ward
What mods does the Stage 1 have that you know of? Those cars have tremendous torque out of the hole. Prolly the highest torque rating GM ever gave a car. Do you know his rear gearing ratio? Sounds like he may be older and wiser so proceed with caution. Does he know of your car's mods since you bought it? Should be quite interesting based on your car's mods. I'd say, you got your hands full. If you can, get some race gas and race chip prior to the run if scheduled. If I were to line up with my two Buicks (see sig), my TR would annilate my '70 GS455 which is close to stock form. Remember when two Buicks line up, it isn't a race but test n tune!:cool:
i know he had some valve work done. i think he had heavier springs put in. also i bought the car from him, and he is not sure which is faster. the car is fast, but my car does not spin out, it just chirps. B/c of the way the air bag deal is setup. I think he may have a prob. locking those tires to the street. But it will be my p265's vs. his p295's

Back