Dodge Dakota R/T

TTA81

Not really a kill, but respect.

The other night, me and my dad who was visiting from Florida decided to take the GN out. After cruising a bit, I hear a loud exhaust coming from my side and noticed it was a regular cab R/T that sounded real nice. He got beside me while I was doing about 35 in a 35 and punched it. I was like let's play. Dad is like go for it. I quickly got into the throttle half way and got next to him letting off and having the BOV get his attention. We quickly caught up to traffic. At the next light with other cars in front, he rolls down his window as I do also and I say, you wanna go? He has this look of nah, nah I'm just playing with a big smile. He said its just a 318. He says I know about them Grand Nationals. I said but you got two more cylinders than i do:eek: . He kept saying no, its all good. Then as the light turns green and the traffic moves, he nails it and I got in it letting the BOV again say "bye" to him. He was all cool about it. We waved good bye and he turned around.

If he said all he had was a 318, he was either lying or his R/T isn't a REAL R/T. R/T's had 5.9 w/ 3.92 gears and 4spd autos. Not fast without a lot of work.

Yeah, you're right. He should have a 5.9. He probably slapped R/T decals on a regular Dakota.