Done it ALL....Still pegged BLM @ Idle

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
Dec 14, 2004
Houston, Texas
Here's 2) closeups of # 1 Injector @ Manifold . I don't Rightly see what I think were supposed to see

View attachment 350163
From 2000 miles away, it almost looks the the o-ring is missing.
The stock injectors had a plastic cup of the end and the O-ring is still required. O-ring is typically made from buns, and is either black or a light brown. Once installed, the plastic cup is not visible. Maybe the O-ring is not installed on the injector, but placed below the injector in the intake. Only one way to find out, and if so, it needs to be corrected.

Lockman

Appreciate and Admire other' s Knowledge
Dec 6, 2018
South Shore of Lake Ontario
Ya Know Jerryl, I think it's frigg'n missing too ? ? ? If this is it, I can not believe she runs as well as she Does ! Btw, I have trouble moving it up & down slightly, although it will move a very little side to side ? Is it possible that the 'o' ring was
"Pushed down" from some one laying on top of the fuel rail ? Other dudes have worked on this engine , before I got it last year. :mad:

Lockman

Dec 6, 2018
Plus........ It HAS to be in there , But jammed or rolled would cause a vacuum leak . I've got new one's on their way & I'll start there , @ # 1 injector ? Maybe I will get lucky and that's the Spot I've been chas'n.?

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
Dec 14, 2004
Houston, Texas
Ya Know Jerryl, I think it's frigg'n missing too ? ? ? If this is it, I can not believe she runs as well as she Does ! Btw, I have trouble moving it up & down slightly, although it will move a very little side to side ? Is it possible that the 'o' ring was
"Pushed down" from some one laying on top of the fuel rail ? Other dudes have worked on this engine , before I got it last year. :mad:
Each injector has a clip that secures them to the rail. To verify boring is not below injector, you would need to remove the clip.

Put the vaseline around the injector where it meets the intake. That would tell you a lot. The color that's showing still is suspect though.

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
Dec 14, 2004
Houston, Texas
O-ring doesn't come off by pushing down on the injector if installed properly.

And don't worry about fixing other people's mistakes. This is why we typically donyhe work ourselves, or only trust a handful of shops.

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
Dec 14, 2004
Houston, Texas
BTW, the reason I believe it runs so well, is because the leak is not huge, meaning, it still only a small % of the total air volume off idle. And this is why I think there may be 1 or 2 O-rings below the injector.

Lockman

Dec 6, 2018
Yeah it is. I can see the yellow band on mine & when I probe , I can " feel " the one '0' ring. O f course that doesn't mean that it's not bad . I'm going out now to see if I get any RPM or BLM changes by using the Vaseline. Thank You, Kind SIr .

Lockman

Dec 6, 2018
OK.......Scanned data @ operating temp. Started with BLM 147 @ idle ( Going down. .... Yaaaayyyyyy ! )
Gobbed Vaseline around base of # 1 injector.... No changes. ( A good Thing ) Just melted .
For the Hell of it, I sprayed cleaner around base of EGR. Dropped BLM to 143, then went back up to 147. RPM's dropped a bit.
For more Hell of it, I then sprayed the sensor on my Vapor recovery canister. BLM reading dropped to 139 & stayed there for a minute . No RPM drop .
More tomorrow night & thanks for the tutoring & help, Ya'all
Richie-------Lockman

Lockman

Dec 6, 2018
Soooo........ I Installed a new EGR gasket & an EGR solenoid that I got from Todd Clark ( Thank You, Sir ).
While I was at it, I studied hard, the vacuum hose routing for an '84 . + New vacuum hoses installed , the correct way.
Cleared the ECM & went for a drive. Noticeable difference !
After that , Checked my readouts & whaddaya know.....Operating temp Idle BLM of 131 :giggle: !!!
All other #'s are perfect..... If there can possibly be such a Thing ! :cool:

Gentelman , I have been chasing this high BLM & pig rich condition , for over a Year !
Thank you all, so much ( especially the 1984 Guru , Jerryl ) . You all helped me to think this out with your tutoring & shared Knowledge.

P. S. I lost faith , a couple three times, but it's not like me. A Good Lockman never quit's ....' Till he solves it !
Anyway, Thanks again...... I could'nt have done this without Ya.
Richie----------Lockman

Reactions: Jerryl