Door dilemma

5ltretr

My windows are hurting really bad! they dont go up and down right get stuck half way, etc. I'm at the point where if I cant find an expert to fix this I'll purchase new doors....

Anyone know an expert that can fix my windows????

willing to drive out of state...

What is wrong exactly? Outside of adjusting alot it's not too bad. I got mine to seal and work better than factory :biggrin: Just takes alittle patience. If your regulator is messed up, thats replaceable.

I'm not a window expert, i had someone replace the window regulators, $150 each, no change samething , they hop when they go up and down and going up they dont close and get stuck.

replaced regulators & motors

sounds like possibly short brushes in the motor....do they work once in a while, like after you slam the door, or beat on the lower interrior of the door?

nope has worked in years and the car was broken into many times......

motors and regaultors replaced on both doors, the pass & driver side allow wind to go through making an annoying howling sound, also they hop going up and down and dont seat properly.

any experts out there that can fix? MONEY NO OBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well within reason :)

check the tracks for signs of damage and also ensure proper lubrication. ( i use white lithium.) I had a similar issue with one of the windows and discovered that there were parts that were broken (plastic crap) and everything seemed to be out of alignment.

Get the window kits and book that Kirban sells. It goes through every adjustment and is VERY helpful...

Sounds like a bad window regulator when it goes up unevenly or get stuck.

Did you check the window track?

Open the yellow pages, and start calling places that do auto windshields, and see if you can find one. Or, you can go to Kirban's web site http://www.kirbanperformance.com/ click on parts search and look up "window". It will come up with a book on adjusting the window yourself, and also a kit with parts to replace that will help prevent window rattles. You may not be a window guy now, but if you have to, you may end up becoming one. I had a guy around here do some windows on my parents car after the dealership had totally butchered them. He owns a glass company. Unfortunately it wouldn't be worth the drive. Just try calling around and see what you come up with. You might also try body shops that specialize in collisions. They probably have to tweak a lot of windows when the replace doors after a wreck. Good Luck.

yeaah mass is kinda far for me, but damn I'm in the midwest tehre has to be a g-body window expert around here, without randomly calling the yellow pages.

i'll call kirbans see if they know someone, their expert pete serio retired .. :frown: