You can type here any text you want

Drag racing Friday at Joilet.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I don't see anything listed on their website? The 12th was the last test n tune. Looks like Sat and Sun are the last day of bracket racing.

Have you ever raced at 66 before?

I don't see anything listed on their website? The 12th was the last test n tune. Looks like Sat and Sun are the last day of bracket racing.

Have you ever raced at 66 before?

I heard a add for Good guys car show there this weekend and it said racing Friday night?? No I have never raced there before.

Hey Tony I thought you were gonna make it out to one of the "real street drags" at union grove.... not sure but I think there's one this friday.

Hey Tony I thought you were gonna make it out to one of the "real street drags" at union grove.... not sure but I think there's one this friday.

What is the name of the track?? Joilet is out because they are running 72 or older cars Friday night. Where is this track located?? Thanks.

What is the name of the track?? Joilet is out because they are running 72 or older cars Friday night. Where is this track located?? Thanks.

Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove Wisconsin

they got a website somewhere around here....

they've got the RSD race advertised on their front page. It is this friday. I'm going to go and check it out. I'll probably bring my light blue car.

Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove Wisconsin

they got a website somewhere around here....

I found it Steve. What is the Real Street Drags all about. I might drive up there but I need to know a little more about it. Thanks.

I found it Steve. What is the Real Street Drags all about. I might drive up there but I need to know a little more about it. Thanks.

timing boards are turned off all night long (but you do get a time slip with times). You can pick a race with someone for $ if you want, with spots (lengths) and the hit (who leaves first). It's different and cool. Check the website front page, they have the race described with some pictures about half way down. The fastest "street cars" around Chicago usually show up. Several are in the 8's.

Oh just so you know.. the lines in the staging lanes get sorta long. But if you set up a money race with someone and tell the officials, they move you up to the front. Most $ races are just a couple hundred bucks at most. Very rarely there will be a race for a grand or more.

No I have never raced there before.

VERY VERY strict on the NHRA tech! I got kicked out in my first Buick, 13 sec ride, because he couldn't see my wheel studs through the lug nuts and I was on a small drag radial, no slick. :mad:

x2. They are anal about the fire jacket thing and you better check the date stamp inside your helmet to make sure it isn't expired.

I have my NHRA license and the Atomic GN is certified. That is no problem here.:cool: Joliet is having the car show only guys running there cars Friday night. I would go to Union Grove but too far away:frown: I am going to Gateway for test and tune Friday. I need to finish getting ready for Osceola:D
All my local tracks are closed for the bracket finals in Indy.

Tony,
If you ever take the car to Joliet, let me know. I'm about a 25 minute drive from there. When I was still living with my parents, I was 10 minutes at the most. That was neat when the NHRA nationals were in town, it used to shake the back patio. :D

Back