You can type here any text you want

dyno day results!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
Well I must say I had a good time today. Everyone left the dyno driving and not using a tow truck; for that alone today was a success. Although I did have a close call :(

I think Josh benifited the most out of today. :) We found a lot of extra power in his car just by flipping some switches on his translator plus. The box doesn't lie there was "horsepower in a box" ;) to the tune of an extra 54 horses and 103 extra ft lbs of tq!!!!! That should make Josh a happy guy.

I was able to repeat the same numbers as last year. 570+ tq and 420+ HP! not to shabby.

Thanks to Dennis for coming out and acting as the "Interpreter" for Josh's "Translator" LOL

FS

Thanks for setting this event up, Frank. Decent turnout. Good to meet new folks like Sam and John.

I also had a fun time. With my new mods this year: TA49, 50# injectors, alky injection, Eric Marshall chip, Mark Hueffman cold air kit, THDP, and boost set at 24# I was happy to pull 360HP/549TQ. There's more performance available because I was fighting an erratic ignition problem. In fact my day's best numbers started recording after my peak HP/TQ rpm.:eek:

Good to understand the state of tune of my car before Turbo Thunder. Now I have a few things to iron out during next two weeks.

I'd like to thank Frank for setting it up and Little monsters for the use of the dyno, and the rest of the guys for helping with sum much needed tuning. I do feel some more power but I'm seeing KR, so I'm going to back that dial of one click at a time to see if I can get rid of it. I feel there is more power in this car and just need to find it. I think I need to go to night school for tuning Turbo Buicks!:D

Back