Revolution X 9.5 NLU Converter

Was hoping to see more responses from those who has actual experience with one but 84 posts later and only 1 person said they have one and 1 said they had one but it broke. Interesting...

I am running that converter in front of a Janis stage 1. Ta 62 turbo, RC built motor , 60# injectors, alcohol, champion heads, 212/212 comp roller / rockers. TT6.1 chip, only a year on the build and was working out kinks last year, (found i had a partially bad coil pack) So i haven't pushed it yet above 18 psi but chipped for 25#. runs strong, seems tight, do not have any numbers for you as I have yet to get it to a track. pulls hard, chirps the tires, so I am happy with it thus far .

Very few race these cars...and even fewer datalog...so there's precious little data to go on.

Very few race these cars...and even fewer datalog...so there's precious little data to go on.
Critical statement. You have to know what you want to do in order to determine the parts you want.

You'd have to ask RC. Steve V asked if the pull was made with the 9/11 locked and his response was both converters were unlocked. Beyond that I couldn't tell you why the comparison was done that way.
FYI that was Clint Atkins posting under RCG page, RC is just learning FB in 2016 it was definitely Clint....

@dvernst has this converter and has run it into the high 9's and close to 137mph using a standard 6266 turbo. High single digit slip.

I have one as well and have run it into the high 10's at 124mph with 10-11% slip. Also using a standard 6266 turbo.

Vern 137mph.png

Rev
@dvernst has this converter and has run it into the high 9's and close to 137mph using a standard 6266 turbo. High single digit slip.

I have one as well and have run it into the high 10's at 124mph with 10-11% slip. Also using a standard 6266 turbo.
Revolution x converter?

Pretty impressive with a 62mm, what was boost at? and do you have the exact slip numbers?

Pretty impressive with a 62mm, what was boost at? and do you have the exact slip numbers?
It's in that screenshot above. Close to 29psi. He made a 10.0 pass at 136.5 and then a 9.9 pass @ 134.5 (it tripped a boost cut / safety threshold that shut down the engine. that cut off threshold has subsequently been increased) @dvernst has the actual slips

Steve D Kinda looks like your running out of injector but maybe that's off topic. :oops:
Yep but it was just a tad bit rich too. It's also running out of turbo too, and I don't expect much more if any from the 210/215 camshaft either. That car belongs to @dvernst

That duty cycle would scare me...
They're all in. 120lb SMP's.
This car has the fuel pressure safety system and AFR safety system in place to help keep it real. If it misses AFR on the high side by 0.3 points for 0.4 seconds it shuts down the engine, or if it misses fuel pressure target by 4 psi on the low side for 0.4 seconds it shuts down. Also has the overboost safety shutdown in place as well.

Just imagine if we had these protection systems available on the cars originally.....

It's in that screenshot above. Close to 29psi. He made a 10.0 pass at 136.5 and then a 9.9 pass @ 134.5 (it tripped a boost cut / safety threshold that shut down the engine. that cut off threshold has subsequently been increased) @dvernst has the actual slips
Ok cool, numbers were too small to see screen shot on my phone, was this car using the Gn-ecu for all the safety features?

That's pretty sweet being able to run that close to the edge safely.
Yes the safeties work very well. One time I had a fuel hose inside the tank rupture and the fuel pressure safety picked up on it before the car could make it past 8psi boost. On another car the guy was using a fuel filter that was way too small and restrictive and the safety caught that too, again before the car was even at wide open throttle. ECUGN FTW

To put some closure to this thread, after much consideration I ended up with a billet version of Husek’s 3521 which just arrived today. Thanks to all who replied and PM’d with their valuable input and experiences with the various converters being considered.