You can type here any text you want

Even steven

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toomanymodz

So.... my buddies and I ate at Sonny's and then hung out in the parking lot for a bit to chat. This guy who my friend knows (but I don't) started asking me questions about my GN. I told him it runs 11.30's on race gas and high 11's on pump gas. He replied "what, in the eighth mile?". He went on to explain that he toasted a grand national with his vette, and he has also beat two of the local Ford GT's running around. I replied, "well, you won't toast mine".

His car is a 2010 vette that pushes 426 HP at the rear wheels on the dyno. He has never taken it to the track yet but he's confident that it runs low 11's. It has an intake, headers, x-pipe and a tune.

So I pull out and he gets behind me. We turn left and I punch it. I can see his headlights about 50 foot behind me and they stay back there. He then pulls up beside me and starts to slow down. I pull it down into 2nd and didn't have a chance to brake-boost when we take off. Our cars were locked together. Dead even. Once we approached 100 MPH he started to nudge just a little (aerodynamic advantage).

He turned right on a lesser traveled road and punched it again. I hit it and was locked to his bumper. We hit it yet another time and again I was right behind him.

We pulled into my buddies driveway and I got out and said "I told you that you wouldn't toast me". He said that he was very impressed at how it runs and now believed me that it runs in the 11's.

I'm still running the stock engine on pump gas and no alky. I can't wait to finish my stroker engine and really put the pounding on these vettes. But I sure had fun nonetheless.

If you stayed hooked with him like that from a roll...you need to go back and take him from a dig. You'll crush him off the line while he tries to get that thing hooked-up and into 2nd.:D:D

Third gear is the Vette's money gear...that's where they start to hum real nice.

Yep.

Sounds like you've got him covered like a wet blanket, from a dig. Now, get some alky injection, crank up the boost and make him wish he'd never taken out that second mortgage on his house to buy that plastic go-cart, with too many cylinders.;)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

SPOOLFOOL2 said:
that plastic go-cart, with too many cylinders....

Some can be pretty quick though.... :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VHLU0vmagg[/youtube]

:biggrin:
Sounds like you've got him covered like a wet blanket, from a dig. Now, get some alky injection, crank up the boost and make him wish he'd never taken out that second mortgage on his house to buy that plastic go-cart, with too many cylinders.;)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

i like vetts too (they are GM ) but thats too funny....:biggrin:

Just a quick update. I ordered the stainless T/A headers, a PT6765 billet wheel turbo, 80# injectors and a TT6.0 chip this week. Getting closer to becoming the next 'mean chicken' that puts the hurt to people's egos. The only major items remaining are the trans and torque converter.

I do respect vettes. Even the 2010 Grand Sport that I raced was quite respectable, but this one is over the top:
YouTube - First 8 Second C6Z06!!! PUMP GAS !!!
The burnouts at 1:20 and 2:15 are just insane!

That new motor and combo is gonna be nasty!!!:biggrin:

Where are you going for the trans and converter?

That new motor and combo is gonna be nasty!!!:biggrin:

Where are you going for the trans and converter?

Yeah, I can't wait to start the swap. I spoke with Dusty today about a PTC 9.5 non-lockup, so I'll probably go with that. As for the trans, there are a couple of vendors on here and I have yet to decide on who to buy from. But it'll be a full billet 2004r. I want something that'll stay together down to 10 seconds flat.

Back