External wastegate size....

NOTA_V8

60% of the time... it works every time.
Hello, all. Getting parts ready to switch to an external wastegate, and I have a spare set of headers with a pipe welded just under the turbo flange, waiting to be ceramic coated. Just needing some opinions on how much wastegate I'll need to control boost in the mid to upper 20's, perhaps around 30 if I start chasing a number at the track. I know Precision, Tial, Turbosmart all make good units, but I don't have any experience with what size is needed to control my setup. Also, I have not decided how to control boost yet, but I'm leaning toward Boostleash. Open to suggestions there as well. Thanks in advance, all.

waiting to be ceramic coated
If that pipe already has a flange on it, I suggest you check the gate flange for compatibility. A 46MM PTE is a good choice.
In any case, wait on the coating, until you have the gate in hand.

If that pipe already has a flange on it, I suggest you check the gate flange for compatibility. A 46MM PTE is a good choice.
In any case, wait on the coating, until you have the gate in hand.
Will do... it is a 2" V-band flange.

We have found most external gates are too large for precise control, and our experience is a 38mm will provide excellent control.

For street use, precise control is not needed. For competition, you need to be able to increase or decrease boost in 1 PSI increments to win races.

We have found most external gates are too large for precise control, and our experience is a 38mm will provide excellent control.

For street use, precise control is not needed. For competition, you need to be able to increase or decrease boost in 1 PSI increments to win races.
For sure. I'm not too concerned with the ability to adjust from 25 to 26 psi, more-so I'd like to make sure that if my target is 25 psi, it doesn't end up at 31 psi at the top of 3rd gear.