You can type here any text you want

Factory spare tire question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

Slowly collecting factory information for when I refurbish certain items on my car. I'm starting my trunk soon and am going to hit the spare. Does anyone know what the factory finish was on our spare rim? Gloss or semi gloss?

I'm fairly sure it is a semi-gloss on the spare, but sure others will chime in.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'll take n post some pix. I wouldnt count on the original donut as an actual spare that you use as when I needed mine and put it on the car the side wall split.
I do know the valve stem caps on all the wheels were gray from the factory. Or at least they were on mine.

I made it about twenty five feet and called the wife to bring another wheel/tire.

I got another t wheel and a short tire for an actual spare to use.

What size tire did you use? I was also looking into this for my GN. I have spare rim and would like to get a tire.

Did the spare wheel fit in stock holdsownfor spare?

image sharing
It was a pair if gimmee tires from a tire man that came out to service the big truck I drive. He made mention of having to go back to his shop to get rid of them so I asked if I could have em. They came off of an hhr I think, 205/50-15. Correction, 205/65-15

free upload
I tried a 215/70-15 but it was too tall to shut the deck lid. In the factory hold down. I put a piece of rubber inner tube in there to keep the bracket from rubbing on the wheel.

image sharing sites

I see... So find a newer car with the same spare. Mine looks fine, but now I don't trust it lol. Here's a tuffy-anyone know the last year of cars that came with that little donut then? Maybe I could find one in newer condition.

I was at the track today and someone had their jack and spare laying in their pit. It had a maxxis tire on a donut style rim. I think it is a replacement donut. You might google maxxis and see.

That's funny, as I was just on their website lol. Couldn't locate a compact spare in our size. Will call them anyways to see. Thank you.

I think the s10 2wd blazer is the same but different offset. Gonna try to lock it down for use in my beater car

Must be the tread pattern on this Goodyear the tire place made me a deal on as they only had one. I think it is a wrangler.

I have an ancient, used Cooper Cobra that should probably be replaced with something newer.

Back