False knock? Fuel pump or injector going?

jskarateka

Combo in sig.

Powerlogger files attached. I do not have my Wideband or Boost connected to the power logger yet, but boost was at about 21 and Wideband always between 10.5 and 10.7. I was not able to turn boost down lower than that by adjusting the manual controller for some reason, but before the trouble started I was able to run 28 lbs with no knock. 93 Octane pump gas with Alky on 6.5.

Started having intermittent knock issues last fall after I switched from a stock MAF to an LS1 with translator. I did have to add 4.7% fuel after adding the LS1 MAF to get the wideband back down under 11 which I thought was unusual.

Pulls for 2 or 3 seconds and then knock gauge goes to red instantly, not gradually. Knock alarm goes off same time and I lift. The wideband gauge is right next to the knock gauge and it and never goes over 11. Car never stumbles or misses and knock does not correspond to when it shifts. Runs beautifully idling, cruising, and at WOT.

Just installed a new Alky pump thinking that was it since it was 4 years old, no joy. Some pulls I get no knock though. I have attached 4 Powerlogger files, got a knock spike on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th blast. Zero knock on the 3rd.

It’s a Walbro 255 purchased from Full Throttle speed. It is 9 years old but only has about 6000 miles on it. Fuel pressure is 43lbs line off. I did not tape a fuel pressure gauge to the windshield to confirm it goes up 1 lb per 1 lb of boost yet because I don’t have one, but can try to borrow one from my mechanic friend.

Appreciate any help or advice, thanks.

Attachments

• PLfiles.zip
    65 KB · Views: 39
Before you do anything else concentrate on finishing the powerlogger install. While you're at it get a transducer so you can log the fuel pressure. Thats way safer than trying to look at a guage taped to the windshield. Whats your settings on the maf translator?

Before you do anything else concentrate on finishing the powerlogger install. While you're at it get a transducer so you can log the fuel pressure. Thats way safer than trying to look at a guage taped to the windshield. Whats your settings on the maf translator?

Mode switch is 1,2,3=on 4=off. MAF base=0. MAF WOT=0.