Fan delay relay

driverside fender, on top.

It's the 'big' one of the three..... best to just disconnect it as they corrode inside over the years and cause the fan to magically turn on at about 3am and run your battery down.... and they're expen$ive to replace... not needed, either....

This isn't what turns the fan when the water tempo sensor hits a certain temp?

No, the high-speed fan overide switch on the manifold is what turns the fan on (without ecu command) when the temp hits like 224*. The delay relay just keeps the fan running for a few minutes after you shut the engine off when the temp is above a certain point at shutdown. Over time, the relay degrades internally from moisture intrusion (it's not sealed) and sometimes won't allow the fan to turn off at all, or mysteriously start the fan in the dead of the nite for no reason. Really not necessary, and extremely annoying if it runs your battery down at an inconvenient time. It can be simply disconnected (unplugged) with no ill effects.

u mean if i just unplug the 2 connections, it will be ok?
those wires are not going anywhere important...
wish I had a wiring diagragm to see where the wires go to...
has anyone done this yet?

Which plug do you typically unplug from the relay? Someone undid mine before I bought it as I just discovered, it's the closest one to the fender.