Fan Relay Question

rbarragan

Hi guys like all turbo Buick owners have had at some point my fan relay does not work. It just stays on. My question is, are there any other GM model that used the same relay? I live close to many junk yards and the only one I can find is Kirban sells one for 90 bucks!! Just wondering if I can save some bucks! Thanks!!

The $90 one is probably the delay relay. There are 3 relays for our systems. Look up vortexbuick . Com for trouble shooting help

If it's the delay relay staying on, which is a common problem with them, just disconnect it, it's not needed. I disconnected mine and wrapped the wire connector with a rubber cap I had laying around. The delay relay is the big relay on the drivers side fender.

That's the one relay I'm talking about the delay relay. Is there another GM vehicle that has the same relay?

Casper's Electronic's has the relays for your fan. Also local parts store. Problem is that chances are you grab one from junkyard, it may be bad.

The fan delay relay is Delco #15-8229, Buick p/n 25527402. The junk yards use a Parts Interchange manual/database which lists the cars that use that part.