Fastest Pump Gas / Alky 1/8th mile (updated 10.07.18)

Done, you definately have the highest MPH in the group..

Thank you. Well, this is the first list I've been on that I actually wouldn't mind telling people about.:sneaky: And for once, company is good as well. Either way, we all qualify to be on the long list of NUT-JOBS who won't stop driving Turbo Buicks!:wacky:

Happy to be part of the group.

Caspers car was a twin turbo tube chassis race car that I promise you was not on alcohol and 93. He is full of caca

image.jpg

Well here's the update,, only got to make one pass,
Front bushing of tranny pushed out and fluid every where, in the burnout box goin up for second pass.....:(
Had a poor sixty 1.51, 2 step only went to 3500 an left at 6lbs of boost, felt GREAT!!! Stayed in it all the way went back looked at log was pullin 5.5 all the way down actual A/F was 9.7 most of the way ,still picked up 26
Not bad ,was really hopin to turn it up, next time!!

id show you my slip but there was no press on hand like with JD so no pics or video
goes like this
i was getting out of my car , next thing you know my feet are pointing up ... now it hurts to pull my socks up

id be lucky to get one of the buicks to the end of the driveway with all the ice

LMAO!!!!!!

That's some funny shit!!!!

Tell muphster to get u one of those donut pillows!!!

I'll do whatever it takes, I need Paul healthy lol.

Yeah, weather stinks here. Sorry to hear you had issues JD, hopefully you'll be back soon to turn it up.

Since you mentioned the 2 step, I'm gonna post a thread soon asking what everyone is doing for launches on alky. Curious what everyone else is doing....

Alky turns on about 7lbs, log a pull bringing car up to where u want to set the 2 step an pull some numbers out of the VE table target 12/0 AF TURN OFF adjust below 4000 rpm let it eat!!

Guess I'll just post here instead of a new thread..... Good info there JD, thanks for sharing.

-So could just set the closed loop parameters high and low rpms to somewhere around 4000.

-Also could just limit the Closed Loop correction limits to 0 in the cells close to where I am launching. I was thinking this may be a better route as would only have to worry about the VE being correct in a few cells.

-Another way would be to enable Power Adder with the transbrake as the trigger and limit correction when its enabled. Seems like its easy to mess things up with the Power Adder though so I would have to be careful going this route.

Since I drive my car on the street I didn't know if either of these would affect drivability so thought of maybe loading a separate tune for the track with the limited correction.

This is an issue that I kind of learned about by accident. With the 2 step and correction on it can kill the 60ft as the A/F readings are not correct while its hitting the 2 step on the launch and then you have all this alky coming in too. Seemed like I could never get better than high 1.4/low 1.5 60fts. Sometime last year my 2 step ground got disconnected and I launched off the brake without it. My boost controller still limited the launch boost though. 60fts got a lot better and it was only weeks later while looking at the logs that it was noticed. Quickly discovered the bad ground on the 2 step after. After that, all fall last year I set the launch rpm on the 2 step way up in the high 4000s so that it didn't get used and just used the boost controller only for my launch settings and kept an eye on the tach to launch at the rpm I wanted. Would never cut a good light this way but did get me consistent low-mid 1.3 60fts. So I had full correction on for my launches just no 2 step.....

Man U can type.........u can also just hook up the purple wire to turn alky off when ur staging

When I used to launch off the ebrake I had it hooked up an launched at 12/13 lbs of boost!!

The PA Enable with an electric T brake is the best way. I have mine like that so you dont have to worry about +/- correction tables..

We had thought about that, shutting alky off while staging...... was worried it wouldn't be able to build pressure fast enough though.

Thanks for sharing. I figured you must have been doing something like that since you've had killer 60fts for a while.

The PA Enable with an electric T brake is the best way. I have mine like that so you dont have to worry about +/- correction tables..

I was wondering if anyone was doing this. I was looking at the PA enable like I said in the post, but there is so much in the power adder area that I'm worried I'll screw something up. Good info seeing what everyone is doing.